Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a (cheap) digital camera that I can play with. I decided to take some pics of the old Jeep as she is in her current unbuilt state. Check them out:

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
WOW.... looks like a good project!! I'd drive that thing for a few more years. Why rush to restore? Beat on that thang!!

.....now..... define CHEAP DIGITAL CAMERA.....

Pics look good...... I'm scared to buy a camera..... looking for MORE imput....

DREW
IN2DEEP 78 CJ5

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Those pics are nice, what is the camera and how much was it?

Nice jeep!

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
sounds like we are more interested in the camera than the jeep!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
me too! those are nice pics...what camera and how cheap? better pics than my $65 polaroid special.

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd(ba10/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif),NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hey GREAT CJ5 !!! That a T18 your hiding in there too ? She is in good shape , better than most I`ve seen and about that cheap camera ? What is it , the pics look good .

Jeff

CJ.... Need I Say More ?? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys...what about the Jeep?!

That Jeep is in its fourth (?) paint scheme and I just can't help but to play with it. I just told my wife that since I have a digital camera and the guys on the bbs now know what my Jeep looks like, I have to make improvements faster!

The camera is a...let me see....AIPTEK VGA PenCam that I found in the back of Walmart electronics for ~$70. Its great for cheap internet pictures, but the printed ones are sorta pixilated.

Jeepzilla...yes, that my little 6.32:1 T18a that I swapped in from a same year CJ7 that had serious cancer. Best mod I've made yet!

As to the Jeep, she's wearing five year old tires that are to be swapped for some Thornturds that I got REALLY cheap until I can afford a complete lift. I'm putting on YJ flares for now to cover the new tires.

Thanks for the kind words and JEEPN...er...IN2DEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif, GO TO WALMART and get one of these things...they're great fun.

Heres a quick pic:

It doesn't do so good late at night in bad lighting.

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Thanks, but I have a Toshiba PDR-M60 digital camera already, it's a 2.3 Mp with a 64 Mb card. I was just curious so I can let others know about the camera, it takes nice pics.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cool, looks much better than mine(gotta love the t18). By the way, I like the anti theft wiring you have, and the umm... steering wheel disconnect. ; ) Everytime I see one more of everyone elses jeeps it inspires me to go work on mine, and no I'm not gonna post pics, too ashamed and dont have digital camera/scanner.

46cj2a beater and pile 0 parts.
75 cherokee parts pile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.