Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o2 cummins, wondering about bolting a filter right on the turbo inlet, ive seen this done and wonder if the gains will be worth the price saveings over a cold air kit.

im cheap and was thinkn id just get a 80 dollar filter and try it instead of spend 300 plus on cold air kit.

thanks

Evan

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=3300

i ended up doing a search the other night and came up with what they call a BHAF big honkin air filter, and thats right. the filter bolts in place of the factory air box and filter.

its big, the filter is on heavy equipment little semis and such, the factory panel filter flows 140 cfm while the bhaf flow 620. it went with Napa filter part number 2709.

honestly cant till if it makes more power but it sounds cool. and should provide plenty of air to suport my future dream mods.

the above link is pick of the set up.

· Registered
128 Posts
Hey Evan, glad you found it, I was gonna tell you to search BHAF. I saw on GM IFS you're a family man now, congrats. Tell me about this CTD ya got, 02 3500 got that, what transmission, what color...details man details.

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its just an 02 3500 quad cab dualy. all white all stock cept for bhaf and silencer ring removed. though its sounds like semi now so i might put the silencer ring back in the turbo.

truck has the auto trans and survived a year pulling a 580 case backhoe, truck trailer and backhoe grossed 33500. cant belive the tranny survived. 6.7 cummins with 6 speed now has the heavy towing duty. my trucks the light tower. heavest i weigh while towing is 20k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.