Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering does anyone know a company that makes reasonably priced fiberglass half doors? I want a pair for my CJ7 and I really don't want used metal ones putting stress on my glass tub. Need a pair also that will accept upper half doors. Thanks

Chad
80 CJ7 (for sale)
84 CJ7 project
http://www.geocities.com/chadsmach1/

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Chad
J.C. Whitney has a nice set of fiberglass doors for less than $300.00, they don't have the holes for the top but may be able to be modified for the upper half. Don't know of any fiberglass doors that will take the upper half as yet.
GP'n

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if there is such a thing as "reasonably" priced glass half doors. Quadratec has some listed for $550 each that can be used the 1/2 tops.

Did it go together nice and easy? You did something wrong.Will have to do it again./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
DaveC

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
The J.C. Whitney doors can be modified to accept the upper half door. I have done it, wasn't very hard
but you need to do a little fiberglass work for the front and rear pegs. I drilled all the holes and then
used some plastic tube at the hobby store to slip around the front and rear pegs. I sett everything in
place and then 'glassed around the tubes. Be sure to cut the tubes to just the right length and put a
good bottom in the tubes with the fiberglass to hold the upper half in poswition or the strip at the
bottom of the upper door won't stay in the channel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts