Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a fiberglass tub on my '79 CJ7 and was wondering if you can put
a 1" or 2" body lift on with a tub. I'm trying to clear 35's or 36's with a pro comp 4" lift. Is this okay to due? I've heard yes and no so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.
Happy Wheelin,
House

·
Registered
401 Posts
Certainly it can be done-- the guy I bought my CJ5 (with glass body) had a 4" body lift on it (for looks (!), gag me-- he wasn't an offroader), but he removed it before selling it as he was planning on selling it to his brother and didn't want him to flip it. Good thing, saved me the trouble of removing it, the spring lift installed by the owner before him was adequate for the 33's.

The confusion probably comes from the mounting-- the lift kits are designed for the mounting of a steel body and may not work with a glass body without some modification.

Hague's law of anatomical lift: The amount of unecessary lift (not required for functional purposes (i.e. to fit tires)) is inversly proportional to the owner's penis size./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

-Dana

When Marriage is Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Inlaws.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
With most of them, you simply buy extra mounting rubber and cut it to the size of lift that you want (within reason). You should ask the manufacturer of the body that you're buying what they recommend...odds are you'll void your warranty with an aftermarket body lift and damage your tub at the mounting areas if you wheel it much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.