Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Saw it on the news a week or so ago.

The 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect system is available on all 2013-2014 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram vehicles along with the 2015 Chrysler 200.
Makes me REALLY GLAD mine is a 2012.:):):)

Got an oil change coming up next month, I'll get it checked anyway. Also followed a link from your link that provided a third link to type in my VIN just to make sure.

I still think of you every time I pass a Wells Fargo bank. I assume you found one.

Have you done enough bad to come back to pray again? You could always come back just for the ribs.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Great to see you back, Scott! And you too, Taz. It's like Old Home Week here!

That hacking story is just another reason I so like my '78. The only electronics are in the ignition box. Not likely to be hacked. I don't worry about my phone either; it's a Nokia of the old "candy bar" generation, before flip phones. Reliable as a cannon ball.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Taz! Yeah don't get on ORC much. Would love to go to KC, though not now in the winter! Landed in Boise, love it. 20min to wheeling, 1 hr to fun stuff.

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Hey Taz! Yeah don't get on ORC much. Would love to go to KC, though not now in the winter! Landed in Boise, love it. 20min to wheeling, 1 hr to fun stuff.
I check in every day or two, I just haven't had much to say. Come on down to KC. You might have heard we got some crazy little women here. Maybe you might wanna get you one.

My life has calmed down now. We might make the Boulevard Brewery and a couple other sights.

Checking my PMs and the old posts, looks like you were here in December last time. Too cold for ya? We've had beautiful weather up until yesterday. Getting colder tonight.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Taz, we get your weather a day or two later. The cold landed on us Saturday night. Yesterday we smoked a turkey, but it was so darn cold I couldn't get the smoker above about 120, so I drug it into the shop, dropped the top panel of the garage door, and set up a squirrel cage blower to get the smoke out. Still stinks in there. :rolleyes:

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Hold on. If you get our weather, it’ll get better. The air conditioner came on in the Cherokee when I was out today. I was in just a short sleeve shirt. It’s still 56 at 5:30PM.

The overnight low for Thanksgiving is predicted at 54. After that, it drops into the mid to upper 30s for highs the next few days. This is the Midwest, if you don’t like the weather, stick around a couple days, it’ll change to suit you.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it took me 6 years to read your reply!!

Reactions: cannonfoddertfc

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Well it took me 6 years to read your reply!!
WOW! I was just thinking about you yesterday when I went by a Wells Fargo bank.

I thought the forum died. I clicked on my bookmark and got some weird page showing some kind of error. Tried a few more time over the next couple of week but kept getting the same page. I thought it had died and deleted my bookmark. Was kinda like that in the old days where a software update would shut the board down for a couple of weeks.

I’m still driving that same 2012 Grand Cherokee, less than 23,00 miles on it. Don’t get around much anymore.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Taz!!

Yeah still in Boise, ripping out 27 years of bad wiring of all my upgrades, adding marine relays, waterproof connectors, replacing switches, sensors, adding idiot lights for the upgrades, LED headlights, tail lights and of course the painless wiring replacement. Big winter project. I will post here for the hell of it. I watch the CJ7 and CJ Restoration groups on Facebook.
Been awhile, wonder where everyone is at now..

Reactions: cannonfoddertfc
1 - 11 of 11 Posts