Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced my axles on a '90 YJ with some off a '91 YJ w/ 4.10 gears. Question - My steering wheel is off centered now, how do I correct this? In fact, it is almost upside down!)
Possible related question - My jeep doesn't turn as sharply to the right anymore?

Thanks in advance,
David A
'90YJ, 4.10 gears, Rear tracklock
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif It sounds like the draglink is too long. Perhaps you need the link off the donor vehicle./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif The draglink; as you know; is the piece from the steering box pitman arm to the steering arm on the left spindle./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CJDave

Actually it is the draglink off the donor vehicle (entire steering suspension to the pitman arm). Do I just need to increase or decrease the length until the steering wheel straightens? What else will that mess up?

Thanks man for the reply,
David A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same problem with my YJ...I don't remember if I decreased or increased the length, but it is definitely your drag link...just play with that and it should solve your problem.

absolutjeep

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.