Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, guys pending my offer I think I might be the owner of a jeep. 91, I-6, 5-speed, 4x, Laredo, 125,000 miles. Checked it out and had a fellow jeeper check it out. Alls well. Guy wants $3800, I offered $2800. He was going to call me tomorrow and let me know if I'm the winner. Everything is in great condition, however the fenders are faded/fading? Are these easy to repaint or should I just leave them alone? Also, its gonna need exhaust? I want to beef it up a lil bit, however don't want that Flowmaster sound? What about Borla or?

Thanks guys,

cmg
1989, 351, C6, 15x10's and 31's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hope ya get it!! SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Sounds like a good deal if you pull it. You could always try the ol' garden-hose-through-the-can trick for the exhaust. The fading fender is common on the older jeeps. I'd say they are easy to repaint -- they are really flat. The clearcoat usually leaves the paint first. If that's the case, try a clearcoat -- it can restore a hue amazingly well sometimes. If it looks like crap, then full repaint.

I myself like Krylon flat black for everything.

'88 MJ SporTruck
365K on 2.5L (Energizer Bunny Package)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the Borla Exhaust ive heard is throaty but its a more classy rumble than the Flowmasters (Hard to describe) As far as Im concerned the Flowmaster is for ******** with trucks. Borla is for the classy Jeepers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, I've never heard a Borla on a I-6 and didn't want to make a mistake.

Leaning on getting a Wrangler, instead of a Cherokee......

cmg
1989,Bronco, 351, C6, 15x10's and 31's.....SOLD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With all the talk of cat-backs, isn't it true that the 4.0 has a restrictive ex. manifold? I seem to recall a Petersen's dyno of a Laredo (91ish) that showed little improvement. I personally prefer to outfit my MJ with the finest exhaust systems from rolled over Cherokees that I find in junkyards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.