Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i want to do some pretty big fender trimming in my 65 waggy. It seems a bit challenging in the rear. Just looking for some advice from those who have done it. What is the most I could trim, and what is the biggest tire I could fit under there. I already have 2'" taller arch springs. Shackle flip on rear, longer shackles on front. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

· Registered
421 Posts
I have a couple pics of my old truck with 33's and with 35's in my profile but, I don't have any pics of my 77 Cherokee Chief that will show any details .I did fit 35's with only 4" lift. I never did get around to attaching the wheel wells to the fenders. For the rear fenders, the front got cut all the way to the seem where the wheel well meets the rear passenger floor. If I remember right, I cut the top only removed the pinch seem. the back got cut back far enough to clear the tires. I did manage to do a pretty good job of duplicating the factory radiused corners. later the rear lower corners rusted through and i cut a level line about even with the mid bumper and fitted a sheet metal pan pop riveted in. My tires stuffed up inside the fenders and only rubbed during heavy throttle while crossed up on the front edge of the wheel wells.

I considered re-drilling the center pin on the main leaf to move the rear axle back an inch or two but never got to it. It was pretty stiff with an-add-a-leaf on each side.

the front fenders I trimmed to just clear at all times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.