Off Roading Forums banner

February Frenzy at GrayRock,....anybody going

780 views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  barfnick 
#1 ·
I'm hoping to make it, plans are still in the air, it's the weekend of February 6-8.

Linky, linky

#12 ·
Rich,
Hope y'all have a great time. Now remember... I won't be there to tell you to back off the throttle, so take it easy..
I really wanna see the tug contest. I hear people are going to be putting water in their tires...
Send me a video when y'all get back....
Ricky...seeya...

#14 ·
In reply to:

Send me a video when y'all get back....

[/ QUOTE ]

No show,....no video

The family's not going, I'm hitting this one alone, Theresa's got too much schoolwork/studying to do
I do have a guy from here that may show up......he's got a yellow TJ, RE 3.5" lift, 2"BL, 35's, 4.88's with the super 35
but, he's afraid of body damage,......I guess I'll have to initiate him.

#15 ·
In reply to:

The family's not going, I'm hitting this one alone, Theresa's got too much schoolwork/studying to do

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm...(scratching chin)..Theresa is going to be home alone????

Rich, why not take the kids with you????????

Find Brent (big blue bronco) and please tell him hello from the Charleston chapter of CAOS..I hear he did rockwells, it ought to be big and bad...
Anyway, Have a blast dude
Ricky...seeya...

#16 ·
I'm back!!,.....and it finally happened,....after two years of wheeling 37's, the D30 finally blew a u-joint and shaft,....not so bad, so I replaced those Friday night, get up Saturday morning and go down the trail on the side of Cable Hill,....sliding just about all the way(really, really, slick), get to the bottom and have to come up a ditch, no worky out of the front wheels
, the front driveshaft is turning, but the wheels ain't, so I get yanked out, get back to the top of the hill, pull the diff cover, and the center pin is broken, (
, sorta but not really), asked around a few people, but alas, no spare center pins for that huge D30
So I strap it to the trailer and lend a hand to Mike and his Huntsville pit crew.

I arrived at about 1400 on Friday, got an hour delay for an accident on the interstate, anyway, the entrance hill is pretty slick and the P/S didn't make it with the Jeep on the trailer, so I back down, and the trailer digs in, can't go back, can't go forward,...unload the Jeep, and get the truck up the hill(should be a fun weekend). Anyway, find me a nice spot to park the trailer and hitch a ride to get the jeep. A little bit later, some people arrive, and I tag along with them.

I only got to do a couple of trails, one was called GrayRock Canyon or something like that, that was pretty easy, I broke in some mud hole, didn't get the name of the trail, but the mudhole was mighty deep and clay-slippery. Saturday morning there were flurries in the air, cloudy and cold.

Mike and his pit crew, he had finished up the loose ends of extending his wheelbase right there.

A couple of vehicles:

#17 ·
Hey Rich, I remember Mike and his crew from Monteagle. Do you have any contact info for him, they were a blast to wheel with.

Sounds like you had a little fun any how, sorry to hear about you breakage. Maybe we will see you in Uwharrie this spring?

#19 ·
Rich, How was the wheeling??? Did you run "whisky springs"? Didnt' we run that last time we were there? How was the tuging contest?
See what happens when I'm not there to slow you down...
Mike called Casey Friday night and said they spent all night finishing the jeep and something about driveshaft problems...Did his jeep work well?
MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!

Ricky...seeya...
BTW. Tell Theresa thanks for the weekend fun..

#20 ·
Ricky, the only trailname that I know I did was that Gray Rock Canyon thingy. I only got a couple in before my mishap.

Mike brought that whole crew and they were working, they broke out the welder, compressor and generator to work it all, Mike made his driveshaft Saturday morning. He was using some 39.5 Boggers for the rear that he borrowed, they were on hummer rims, he went out for a test run and crushed in his rear panels,....because of the backspacing.

I didn't stay for the tugging contest,...I left Saturday evening. From what I saw, the wheelin' looked fun,....slick kinda fun.

Aaron,...go to JeepinAmerica.com and you should be able to pull his email address.

Chris, unfortunately, I didn't have anybody to take happysnaps of me.

Here's your "more pics" This is a guy that I was following

And my little breakage:

The pinion got a wee bit banged up, but not too bad. I got the stock spider's back in this morning and all seems to be working well.

And who said Liberty's were useless

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.