Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a set of shrockbars on tuesday and they were sitting on my carport on saturday. i put them on over three evenings, i have to work around work, call, 3 kids including a 1 year old and my working wife. i had them powdercoated and they are killer. i highly reccomend them as they are stout and inexpensive (comparitively speaking.)
jim is a great craftsman and is selling a great product. he is easily accessible by email and it was a great transaction.
i will post some pics shortly.
thanks jim,
tommy

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey whazoo,
have you got a webpage? i want to see some pics. of your truck. send me some pictures.
tommy

·
Registered
410 Posts
I agree! Jim does excellent work, I'm very happy with my "Shrock Bars" an I'm waiting for my rear bumper now. Should have it tomorrow afternoon!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi Tommy,

Glad you like 'em! Definitely post some pics whe you get them. I'd like to see how they came out with the powder coating.

Mort, I think your bumper came out sweet. I wanted to keep it! It is 3/16" vs 11ga on my RRO blank. I also made it a tad wider to give a little more corner protection. Give me a call or shoot me an email if you need help with the wiring or install.

Here are some pics to wet you appetite until it gets there.

http://community.webshots.com/album/44155716dktSdX

G

·
Aww, what about ShrocKick Bars? With the Calmini 3" body lift installed, it should be easy to bolt/weld ANYTHING onto my frame...

·
Registered
755 Posts
I dont think the angle iron will work on the kick, but I was "kicking" around the idea of doing some like my new Isuzu design for the Track/Kicks.

There are some pics here.
http://community.webshots.com/album/44910211SlEGNp

I installed them this weeken at Barnwell OHV park, and just posted some pics of them installed. It may take them a little while to show.

I havent looked at a Track/Kick closely for fitment yet, but I'm sure it would work with a body lift. On that Amigo, I notched the pinch seam to tuck them a little higher and it was fine. I haven't seen any kick rocker bars advertised by anyone. Is this bec, a BL would be needed to fit them or what?

If there is interest I will make them.

G

·
I was at Barnwell Mtn this weekend with Jim and a few others. Gave the Shrock bars their 1st good workout. Even on my rotted rockers (picked up the frame mount from Jim this w/e but not installed yet) they helped A LOT!! Drub them over a few ledges and also (purposefully) got into a crack and layed the sammi sideways against the wall. The tube kept the body mar free!!

Pics soon

G

·
Heck, I don't see why a body lift would be needed on a Sidekick - without it, you have about 5 inches of solid steel frame exposed under the body, and with the body lift, you just have a 3 inch gap above the frame. Those Amigo bars look like they would work just fine. Are those strictly weld-on, or could they be just bolted on (with bolts running clear through the frame)? Also, can you wrap the top of the bars with diamond-plate, for a "no-slip step", or something like that? How much cost are we talking here?

Thx
Bob

G

·
Hey Mort Man,

I was at Jim's place while he was making your bumper. We test fit it on my Zuke, I was temped to leave with it bolted up!!

Jim's stuff is well crafted.

..........and Jim, when are you going to have time to make a prototype set for the Land Rover.....??

·
Registered
755 Posts
I could make them bolt on. IMHO drilling all the holes through the frame is a PITA, but I can do it the way you prefer though.

I dont have anything to bend diamond plate around a tube. I'd suggest rattle can spray on bed liner on the top surface for traction if you need it grip tape (skateboard tape) would work).

The Amigo bars are $250, so it should be similar for a Sidekick. Shoot me an email or give me a buzz for more info.

Jim
281-797-5010

·
Registered
410 Posts
The bumper left Atlanta yesterday, so I'm waiting on the FedEx guy now! Thanks Jim, it looks great! I'm still very interested in a front bumper as well, I'll get with you when the funds become available.

Hank......you shouldn't have shared that with me! lol!

G

·
front bumper you say? hmm. I'd be interested in a ARB knockoff. keep up posted on your designs...

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just got my rear bumper, and I have to tell you the picture does it NO justice what-so-ever! This thing is awesome! Jim, thanks very much, you do incredible work! The rest of you guys who are even thinking about buying some Bars or Bumpers, now is the time to stop thinking & act! You will not be disappointed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.