Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who got bed cover, what are the reliable ones when it comes to security and on keeping water out. Been looking at truck tonneau covers available online and can't decide which one to get. Read good reviews about Lo Pro QT but that can easily breached by crooks. Are roll up ones reliable?

· Registered
4 Posts
Any cloth cover is easily breached with a sharp knife. The rigid ones made of fiberglass, ABS or other material are better protection from thieves. I used to keep one on mine and it was just the old adage "Out of sight, out of mind" that kept anyone from taking my stuff. I made a point of not putting things under the cover where I was going to leave the truck parked. If it was there when you got there most people won't bother looking, because they didn't see it.

One piece fiberglass covers offer the best weather and theft protection, but are also a pain to get out of the way if you want to carry anything tall, and getting to the front corners can be difficult. The folding multi piece rigid ones probably come in second for both types of protection.

Right now I have a camper shell on my F150 and make a point of not putting anything in there that isn't locked, and even then I have a large black blanket I cover it with, again, "Out of sight, out of mind" is the order of the day. Anything I can't lock with a heavy cable and padlock goes in the back seat. The windows are tinted dark and again, I cover everything of value.

Good Luck, hope that helped a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.