Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is possible to swap the grills from a 00/01 S-10 Extreme into a 95/96 S-10? I want to do this If I get a 95/96 because I think that it would look a lot better.

· Registered
5,526 Posts
Do yourself a favor... You're way better off to save up some money for when the vehicle you get breaks. Yes, that's correct, newer vehicles can break down also, contrary to most parents' popular belief. (Not just GM vehicles, everything breaks down at least once in a while) And the wise person saves money to prepare for those times, rather than tryin' to make it look better. You'll be much happier in the long run if you don't have to go into debt to get whatever might break fixed... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Listen, I'm not largely into looks myself and I am a very conservative person. This is the only thing that I don't like about this truck so I was just wanting some info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think that you would have to change the entire light assembly and bumper. seems like a lot of work and money that could be better spent on beer or the ladies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All right. I want to get a tonneau as soon as I get this truck. I won't put a lot into this truck, but I'm sure I will save a bunch on gas in the long run so it's worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dude it is your truck. do with it what you want. if it is just to make it look good; what the heck it is your money. i think that there is not a person that is really into thier truck that has not spent some money on it trying to make it look unique. i say go for it and get smoe cool pics to show.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you do find out how to do it, let us know. id love to do it to my blazer as well. as for wasting money, i spent $3500 on a lift, tires and rims....it barely sees a gravel road. the cool thing is knowing that if i had to, i could waste ALMOST any s-10 IF i took it off road. besides, the older grills look like hell(95-97)!!

Brute strength and stupidity will get you anywhere
1996 S-Blazer 4DR 5" TM Lift 31" BFG AT's
1980 Toyota PU 7" lift 350ci Sm Blk

· Registered
519 Posts
personally, i kind of like the older grills.... but i would agree that you would have to get a whole new front end - lights, grill, new wires for the lights because there are the 2 head lights per side on the new ones and only 1 on the old ones.... good luck...

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need a radiator support from the newer model, headlights, grill, and maybe even bumper. Not sure about the bumper part. You need the lights, since the whole grill is one piece, even the part between the headlight, and turn signal. They swap on the 98-01 models, since the front end is the same, but 95/96 is the older style headlights.

2000 GMC Sonoma, 4.3, auto, 6.5" fabtech lift with 31" BFG mud terrains

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll think about it and have my stepdad talk to a guy that owns a body shop. He'll probably be able to pick something up for me pretty cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.