Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might be gettin a 96 z71 ext cab short bed and i want it to sound loud and aggressive have that deep big block sound i was wondering what the loudest system is and could i just get pipes made up and add like cherry bomb mufflers or ravens or something what would be the best? thanks

one day it will all happen

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you have dual cats, then just take the mufflers off. Can't think of anything louder than that.

My bro-in-law took the mufflers off his and it was really loud. Too loud. Go with the flowmasters or if price is a concern, go with cherry bombs

1994 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT. Trailmaster 4" lift

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'd go with Flowmaster 40 series. Cherry bombs don't help at all in power, and sound kind of bad. I like how Flows sound, other people like how otherstuff sounds.

90K5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifMagnaflow/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifSomebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
since i have a 96 ext cab shortbed truck and i have modified my exhaust, i can tell you that it sounds sweet. loud enough to rumble and hear it, but quiet enough that it doesn;t attract the wrong kind of attention. it does turn heard though. i have 3"pipes right off of the dual cats, going through 2 flowmaster 40 deltas...out through the all stainless pipes. i polished the ends of mine so they're shiny like the chrome ones...and no rust.
---Peacock

If it hasn't broken, let your girlfriend drive it...it'll break real quick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the flowmaster 40 series delta flow on my truck. Sounds great and it doesn't give you a headache inside the cab. But people def. hear you coming outside the truck ;) I had my friend drive it around the block to let me hear it, I could hear it for two blocks. I didn't think it was that loud because I had always been at the wheel inside.

-Ryan S- 1994 Chevy Z-71 TwoTone Navy/Silver, 33in BFG Mud Terrains. Custom Flowmaster Dual Exhaust. K&N system. Custom Kenwood/Rockford Fosgate system, two 12" Rockford HE subs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey bigblue, who did your dual exhuast? was it someone in houston, katy or where? and what did it cost you? would you recommend them?

At age 3, joy and friendship come easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.