Off Roading Forums banner

Exhaust valve rotator?

759 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Junk Yard Genius
I've seen engines that are supposed to have them and engines that don't and I can seem to see the difference. I'm I looking in the wrong place. I thought the rotator would be located on the rocker, spring, retainer etc. Can anyone explain?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Depending on the manufacturer of the engine, it will be on the top or the bottom of the exhaust valve spring. (usually on top, and go between the spring and spring retainer)

They are about 1/4" to 1/2" thick. They were used mostly on engines without hardened valve seats, and on industrial and heavy equipment engines.
Chevy put a lot of them in passenger car engines also, mostly before unleaded gas brought about hardened valve seats.
If you are working on late model engines, you may never see one...

If Chris Columbus "Discovered" America (with 25 million already here), Can I Go "Discover" Florida?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.