Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about two weeks out from putting this 360 in my CJ and I am trying to figure out how I want to work the exhaust. I had a 75 CJ with a 304 and ran the headers outside of the frame with side exhaust. Thought I might want to do that again...however, the thing I dont like about the side exhaust is that it puts the exhaust in harms way...so I am thinking maybe run the headers, if I use headers, inside the frame and exit the exhaust on each side behind the rear wheels rather than straight out the back. Any thoughts on which might be better or any other ideas?

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
JK
O|||O
78CJ5 258

G

·
Which transmission are you going to run with your 360???
If you are running a stick tranny then I would say run the Headers if you want and keep them inside the frame. If you are going to run a automatic then I wouldn't run headers at all, just use the factory manifolds so that it is all stays inside the frame.
The fenderwell headers work great but if you like to crawl the big rocks and don't have alot of clearence the headers like to get chewed on by the rocks. I have been lucky with one of my jeeps so far and not torn the fenderwell headers off yet so the new rock rig is going to be running the factory exhaust manifolds and all the exhaust inside the frame and out of harms way.

But, like always, it is which ever each Jeeper prefers to run on thier own rig.

Peanut

G

·
My exhaust runs inside the frame and exits at the rear of the tires. I like having it tucked up in the frame to prevent as much damage as possible. Some of my freinds have the side exhaust and they have smashed them a couple dozen times... on one trail run. I say keep it inside and protect it.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback...the more I think about it, I think I will go with the in-frame set up out the rear. BTW transmission will remain the stock T150 for now. TimsCJ7...how do you like CSU? I went there for a while and finished up at UNC.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
JK
O|||O
78CJ5 258

G

·
CSU is nice. The thing I like the most about the school is how easy it is to get to some good 4 wheeling spots.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.