Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k. Just last month I put a new exhaust on my lil' rig. I sawed off the pipe just before the cat conv. so when we put the pipe in and ran it straight out to the end we had to bend it up a little, now this is on a stock header so you know those little shock thingies in the bolting used for the header to pipe connection? well that is flexed out and opened up on one side and you can see the floppy gasket just stickin out and it just looks like exhaust is escaping! can I just fill it up with some kind of sealer or something??

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/1.6(soon)/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But couldnt I just put a new gasket in it or hell even couple up on the gaskets??

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/1.6(soon)/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope... you could not do that..... like dparker mentioned, you'll have to cut the pipe, make a proper bend and weld it back. with the springs maxed out, you'll probably introduce vibrations to the exhaust system and may cause a weak part to break... my opinion..

JKing
Suzuki Samurai (known as Jimny SJ413 in Asia)
K&N Air Filter, Shackle Lift, Larger Than Stock Tires, 1" Wheel Spacers, Driving & Spot Lamps, Tokico Shocks
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.