Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 89 KC 4x4, 5-speed Z24i. I there a consistant problem with the exhaust manifold cracking and the Y-pipe leaking? Are headers worth the cost for maintainance and performance savings?
I know D. Thorley makes headers, do they work well, what others would you recommend, best prices?
Thanks

markup

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have doug Thorley's on my 88 v-6. I'm not positive, but i think both thorley and Pacesetter make a header for your truck. I'm not sure that the 4-cyclinder engine had problems with the exhaust manifold. Headers are well worth the money though. I got a lot more power in the mid to upper rpm range and they look sweet in the engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the 4 cyl. has this problem, just the 6 cyl. I'm looking into headers on the 6 now, but mine is automatic tranny and I'm not sure if they'll work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with "schleg" they are well worth the money, not so much for the mild power up-grade but the elimination of that exhaust manifold headaches & B.S.! The Thorley's I hear are one of the better aftermarket options, but I had mine custom made from a friend and I'm still popping-a-chubby over them!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts