Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone mentioned that Nissan had an extended warranty on the crappy studs, is this true for 95Pathys?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe that it's true only for the 96+ PF's (correct me if I'm wrong). My exhaust manifold (passenger side) cracked on my 97 PF and I was able to get it replaced for free. I couldn't convince them to do the drivers side as well. I guess I have to wait until it cracks too.

Les.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know anything about the Pathfinders, but I wish someone would file a class action lawsuit to force Nissan to fix manifold problems. I have had both manifolds on my 91' Hardbody replaced, and the passenger side a second time. The only good thing is that the first time was covered by the extended warranty I purchased.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The simple, an sometimes cheaper answer is to replace the manifolds with headers, which won't bust out the studs.

There was a "silent" recall I believe on the studs. Look back through the past posts to find more info, use the search tab at the top of the page.

A gas axe and Duct Tape is all you need
Tim
'95 Nissan HB
'87 Range Rover
[email][email protected][/email]
http://www.fareast4x4.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone had told me once that you can drill out the heads and use a stud one size bigger and it would solve the stud breakage problems for good, the important thing is that if your breaking studs don't just replace them and think you fixed the problem, the reason the studs break is because the exhaust manifolds warp, so before reinstalling the manifolds make sure to check the gasket side to see if they're flat, if not you could either replace them or see if a machine shop could shave them down slightly to give a flat surface

TONY(HARDBODY)
"If your not breakin parts, your not wheelin hard enough"/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll probably go to headers at this point. I'll still have them ground, as the welds all look like the shape has been changed and they just do a passby on a grinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.