Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been beat to death in the past, but I need to revisit it. I have a 94 4cyl and want to swap in another engine. I know it would be easier to sell this one and buy one with the 4.0L, but that is not possible. So what I am looking for is advice as to what to swap in.....

Cost is a moderate consideration. I want decent power, but not too much. I guess I'm looking for advice into where the most torque is available.

Inline 6, Small V-8, diesel.... I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance

Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have a YJ 4banger- but I do not want to trade it in, means too much to me. I have been thinking of getting a Ford 5.0 swap, check www.zandm.com - they were features in last months 4wd and Sport Utility

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey you might want to think about building up the power in the motor you allready have. A set of headers, K&N filter maybe a cam and jacobos ignition and you might have what your looking for. If your going to do a swap think about all the costs involved and the fact that if you use to much power you'll have to change tras&transfer.etc If you still want to change motor I think that a carbated 258 out of a YJ might be a good swap you could use trans&tranfer driveshafts and radator from doner. ( also if you've used larger tires change gears in diffs) hoped this helps jared

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.