Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif A HAYNES manaul is a good thing for a first-timer to have, and a good engine hoist as well. Don't do like some folks and leak down the A/C system. You can dismount the compressor and tie it aside without loosening any hoses. Mark the wires and hoses, and it also helps to get some pre-job photos so you know where that little doohicky clamps and the freemus goes. When I did my first engine swap in the fifties, you opened the hood and all you saw was a vertical block of steel with one or two wires and a hose here and there. It's a LITTLE DIFFERENT now./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifI'm in the final stages of a bumper-to-bumper rebuild on a FS GM 3/4T 4X4 pickup, and it already had a "fresh" Goodwrench 350 V8 engine in it. I CAN TELL that the engine was swapped over at Cousin Leroy's in a Saturday mornin' "Mill-Pullin Bee". That's where ever-body comes over and we "gits it done" and then Saturday afternoon we cn' GET DRUNK./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif NOTHING was installed right: the clutch was a mess, the pan leaked and had a HEAD BOLT from the junk engine in it; NONE of the brackets, for the wiring or other accessories were in the right places or even bolted up in most cases. The bellhousing was loose on the engine, the flywheel cover plate was missing and there were wrong bolts and missing bolts EVERYWHERE./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif SHEESH!/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif It has been a long job to really get this pickup "right" and there have been NUMEROUS trips to the junk yard. To find stuff that "Cletus" and "Rufus" tossed aside and had NO IDEA where the parts went on re-assembly. Oh, and one more thing. In a mill pillin' bee, you ALWAYS tear off those little ground straps that connect the engine to the cab. That way the gauges don't work afterward, and you don't have to worry about what the oil pressure is./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
A Jeep Skunkworks run by Moonguys/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif, buildin' the ultimate SNOJEEP!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.