Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere (either a book, or on the 'net, or somewhere else) to read about all the different changes you can make to an engine, and how the changes can affect the power your engine makes, and that kind of stuff? /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Tim
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's

G

·
One book I would recommend for a street driven engine would be How to Hot Rod Small Block Chevys, or the big block version. It was written before electronic control engines so not much on that, but it has alot of good stuff other wise.
It is also good at saving you money, they are not the kind to recommend going out and buying every high dollar after market part there is. They tell you what parts you have that you can keep or mod to make better.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
there is a book that was written by Smokey Yunick that sounds alot like what you want. i don't own it but i have looked at it and it is good. it is written so that it applies to all high performance engines, not just specific ones. check it out!

Tom Klippenstein
GOT BEER?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.