Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emission\'s Timer..

i've got an 89 YJ 4cyl w/AC.. my emission's timer has come on for some reason.. i've only got about 67,100 miles on it.. i thought they timer should turn on approx 85,200 miles.. or something like that.. anyways, accoording to my Haynes manual, pre 90 models came with a box timer that is mounted near the top of my accelerator pedal and you can just disconnect it to make the light go out.. however, with AC, they ducts etc are in the way of where is SHOULD be mounted... i can't seem to find it anywhere.. any ideas? thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Emission\'s Timer..

In my 89' Cherokee, it was just hanging by the wires up behind the gages. I unplugged it and threw it away, and the light never came on again/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif. The timers are based on hours, and not mileage. From what I could see when I examined the one from the Cherokee, the thing is ticking away whenever there was juice to it.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Emission\'s Timer..

It should be mounted against the fire wall just to the upper right of the gas pedal. Around the same height up the fire wall that the carpet ends

This is from my Haynes. Hope it helps.

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto, 4.0 head swap (finally), no trac bars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.