Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif We got under our FS GM 3/4T 4X4 on Friday and dropped out what appeared to be a ball of grease mixed with cows#it that had some shafts sticking out of it. That was the tranny/transfer case combo. We dropped what was left of the clutch and the remains of the front driveline and then the bellhousing. The bellhousing was stuffed with dirt and cows#it because the guys who installed a new Goodwrench in it a year or so before we got it had left off the tin cover that covers the little mouth shaped opening at the lower 1/3 of the round aluminum bellhousing. DON'T ASK ME WHERE THESE THINGS END UP, but there is none available around these parts and we would really like to keep the beer cans and rocks out of the bellhousing once we install all of our new stuff. DOES ANYONE KNOW where I can get that flat tin cover. This is a 1980, but the earlier ones are the same way as long as it is a 350 SB Chevy engine. If you know of a GM pickup being parted out, LET ME KNOW via e-mail [email protected] we need to put this truck back on the road in about a week or so./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Quadra-Trac Team./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Does it need to be from a 350, i have one i have tripped over about 25 times in 2 days that come off my 327, will this work ? if not my buddy should have one, he collects the older 80's chevy's . Let me know if that will help you out.
Mike

·
Registered
829 Posts
Can you just make it out of Tin?

Rodney C
1985 CJ7,302 V8,T18,D20,SOA,Shackles Reversed, 35" BFG AT's, Fiberglass Tub & Front End...
1990 Samurai,87 drive line,SOA+2.5" Add-A-Leaf,4.16's,5.12's,33" BFG's Mud's,Pony Carb...

·
Registered
609 Posts
so he comes back when he needs parts... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

sell me your jeep please!!!!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The one from the 327 will work.

pbm
74 cj5,304,t18,2.46 ts d20,30f,44r,soa,MORE buggy front,35's,Rci's,5pt,full cage,air,etc.

Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Who is bird house, Bob? Is that a local guy here in the Tuolumne County area? This cover is a flat sheet of tin that is about 1/3 of a circle, and has a notch out for the starter. Yeah, I COULD make it out of flat sheet and I will if necessary. I just would rather spend the time on items which MUST have my atttention, like the exhaust. Some dummy put duals on this pickup and tucked the RH pipe into the frame rail where it cooks the fuel and brake lines./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif Ah jes' hates incompetence. Mainer Mike, is that 327 plate a flattie?/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifLike would it go into a Pizza box?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Thanks SO MUCH for the responses, guys... this item has got me bugged./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Quadra-Trac Team./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Dave my plate is 1/3 round at the bottom to contour with the pressure plate, i think iknow what type you need, let me put the word out. I'll leave my phone# in you personal message thing.
Mike

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Thanks for the response. My bellhousing is the kind that is completely circular and has no provision for dropping out the clutch without taking the bellhopusing off the engine. This plate seals off between where the engine block ends, and the circular bottom end of the housing. BobCA just gave me a tip and tomorrow I am going to check it out. Maybe they have one???................/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
458 Posts
Birdhouse is up above the high school. And I've had pretty good luck there. And they have a lot of GM stuff.

CJ-8, 4.0, NP435, D44 x D60, ARB's, 4w Disc, 2"YJ springs, SOA, 1" Body lift, 38.5" TSL SX

CJ-6, Cherokee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts