Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one switched out emergency brake cable? Mine snapped. Are the ones in cherokee xj the same as my shortbed? Are they worth getting from bone yard or new? Thanks Dennis

88 comanche 63 wagoneer

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Where did it snap? Mine's getting really crappy too, so I'm guessing under the bed.

I would say yes, they are the same -- espcially with the shortbed. If not, you should be able to find the same size cable and rig up something special. It's probably more of a PITA than it should be, though.

If I didn't have a Jeep, I wouldn't have a life.

'88 MJ SporTruck
Rebuilt 2.5L: 40 over rings, 10 on crank, 10 on bearings
nearing 400K

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem... the previous owner had it adj to tight and it snapped... I rented a swegding tool and repaired it my self for a pretty cheap rental and parts but I agree what a pain in the a$$

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found one at parts store locally for $19. Took about 2 hours to put in, not to bad. Was abble to snake it around seat under carpet. Had to take out the pedal cause it was forze up and that kinda sucked. But as far as the cable install, was pretty easy. Went ahead and put wheel cylinders and shoes. One cyl was leaking. Next week, new front rotors and pads. It never ends. Expecting my locker anyday now!

88 comanche 63 wagoneer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.