Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im swapping an 1988 Xj 4.0l efi engine for a 4.2l 1989 yj engine. i was just wondering if anyone has done that before and if they did could you give me some tips and some precautions. thanks.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Are you installing a '88 or a '98? If it is a '98, the computer work can be a problem, but it can be done and may be simplified if you have the entire system. Most guys use the '91-'95 MPI because of it's simplicity. Do a search and you will find more than you can handle. Also, please fill out your profile.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 88 but i bought the xj before the yj and the yj's 4.2l is ready to go. it has over 240,000 on it. so in the winter i plan to build that into the 4.7l 300hp monster for my yj. im not good at finding info on the net cuase im not on it much, can you tell me some good sites to search stuff like that? thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a million!!! i feel so much more confident. but the thing im wondering im thinking about keeping the v belt system so that i can get my altenator higher, so that i won't be worried about submerging the engine to far with the snorkel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.