Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just has 4 Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks installed on my Jeep today, and I am very glad that I order these shocks. I was feeling every bumps on the road, for the past 18 months with my old shocks(RS9000). After the new IAS shocks installed, I was amazed that how smooth the ride was. But, I can still feel some of the big bumps on the road at highway speed. I am not saying RS9000 is bad, but I do see the difference between these 2 brands.

[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I installed the IAS shocks several months ago on my 74 CJ5 and I totally concur that they give a nice smooth ride. Even more appreciated in my pre-sway bar CJ is the reduction in side sway during cornering. The special valving in the IAS shock differentiates between wheel movement and body movement and that really helps to reduce side sway.

Also, I found a big improvement in smoothness with my spare tire mounted verses when the spare tire was removed from the rear spare tire carrier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.