Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about everyone else but I am getting tired of sellers at wait till I give feedback before they do. They have been paid. They ship the Item. And yet I am not worthy of positive feedback till I leave feedback. This really ticks me off when I have $750 spend on an ARB. I pay with Paypal and within hours the seller collects the payment. I get an email saying they have payment and asking me to leave feedback when I get the product and THEN they will then to the same. Yet I am left swinging in the breeze while they take a week to ship it and it takes another 2 weeks to get here. In the end It gets here it and I guess I will leave positive feedback. But it just seems rude to ask me to do so first as I have taken all the monetary risks. This is just one example this seems to happen with all the stuff I got from big sellers on ebay. Most of the small ones leave feedback Immediately after I pay.

Anyway had to vent I'll get off my high horse and go have a beer.

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Don’t tell us, tell him.

Just tell him that everything was fine but you have adopted a policy not to leave feedback for sellers that request the buyer to leave their feedback first. Don’t enter into any deals of, “If I leave positive for you, will you leave positive for me?”

The reason that this continues is that buyers give in and leave their feedback first. The only people who really need those high feedback numbers are the sellers. If everybody cut ‘em off, they will eventually conform.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
One of the reasons I have slowed my purchases from Ebay. That and a few good screwings.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi

What I don't like is the companies that have a program that leaves automatic feedback of the same as you left...ie you left positive so they will leave positive or if you leave negative, they leave negative...

There is one seller that I know of who blatantly talks about this and very openly states that negative feedback will make a much greater impact on me with only 100+ feedbacks compared to him at over 10,000 feedbacks...

That really grinds my backside... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I still bought from that guy and left positive feedback so I probably didn't help matters...

·
Registered
484 Posts
i have never and more than likely will never buy anything that i cannot inspect in person, how anyone would think that buying something from a pic online (especially a big ticket item), is not a recipe for a good screwing is beyond my comprehension

if i cant go check it out in person, i shouldnt spend the money on it anyways

G

·
I guess I'm lucky....all of my Ebay purchases have been positive....but, then again, I look at negative feedback....for the most part, you can tell which ones are legit and which ones are 'payback'....

You can also report them to Ebay....Ebay is trying real hard to keep up the quality of their serveice.....and problems ilke yours will drive people away....not something they want....

One suggestion....send a mesg to the perspective seller....if he gives you a real response...he/she is probably ok...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I've bought several items off Ebay, but no big ticket items. Only one bad experience and it was resolved easily and quickly with the seller. Maybe I'm just lucky so far, but no complaints.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have bought many items on Ebay and have sold several items. I agree about the ones who require feedback first. They are sorry dealers as far as I am concerned. I haven't bought any big items, but have only had one less than satisfactory experience. But that was my fault for not checking the buyer out better. A lot of times, that is the only place to get hard to find used parts.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I dont leave feedback unless i get feedback first. I got a email from a seller asking why i didnt leave them feedback. I told them, i took care of my end of the deal, and where was my feedback.

easy enough to do, just dont leave feedback, if they dont for you.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I've had to wait for feedback. I remind them if it takes too long.

..but I won't even buy from someone who resolves problems with "Loser ..Ebay troll" in their feedback profile. There was one seller that had over 3500 + sales ..but every - sale was an insult to the buyer ..and many of the buyers had 100% + feedback before their problem with him.

I had to ask one seller 3 times about an item. He wrote back, finally, that he doesn't answer silly questions. I wished him good luck and thanked him for his time.

·
Registered
661 Posts
WELL what gets my goat is when they live 2 miles down the road & make you pay 4 dollars shipping for a hat pin ,,,
Shes going to get some good feadback when I get it ..
and she hasnt left me any feedback yet ether,,,I always pay with PAYPAL,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

·
Registered
484 Posts
why didnt you walk down the road and pick it up?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
410 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
WELL what gets my goat is when they live 2 miles down the road & make you pay 4 dollars shipping for a hat pin

[/ QUOTE ]

That is annoying.

Would you be as mad if it was Quadratec and you were buying one lug nut and they charged the same?

This is my only pet peeve when I sell on eBay. I have a flat rate clearly written on the ad and yet I'll get a few guys with the "your shipping is too high - I live down the street".

My response is always the same... "shipping too high? DON'T BID!"

It's not like I have a gun to their head.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I personally like flat rate shipping it means I know all the costs before I bid. What makes be mad is when the listing says flat rate to the US. Then I buy the item and they say "Oh you live in Alaska Shipping will be $$$$$". I also dislike sellers and companys that only ship UPS. UPS to Alaska is very expansive and is slow too boot. Many of the Offroad/Jeep Catalogs get none of my buisness due to this.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
What makes be mad is when the listing says flat rate to the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about when they say "Continental U.S." but then exclude Alaska. Where do they think Alaska is if not on the North American Continent?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I just bought three different items from three different sellers. I asked them all the same question.

What happened to the seller leaving feedback for the buyer when they paid? Why do sellers wait for the buyers to leave feedback, when the buyer finished his end of the deal when they paid?

Only one returned my email and this is what they said.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your question Jim. I agree with you that the buyer should receive feedback after fulfilling his end of the deal. This is how I've always done business on Ebay up until last week. A couple of weeks ago my friend sold a total of 23 items to 3 different people, he left them positive feedback as soon as they paid. All 23 items were delivered on time and they all went to the same address. one day after they had received the items he got 23 negative feedbacks from these three ebayers. No one ever contacted him and they would not respond to emails. He has been selling on ebay for 5 years and had 112 positive feedbacks with a 100% rating. Now he can't sell on ebay. He is having ebay look into this,but until he gets this resolved he can not sell. I don't know why someone would do this but it seems to be happening to sellers lately. Because of this I decided to change the way I leave feedback. I just started doing this last week and don't know if I will continue but something has to be done to protect a sellers reputation. Thanks again, Bob I will leave you feedback asap!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if its BS or not, but if i was the seller i'd be careful also. Sounds like ebay needs to change the way feedback is done.

I still wont change my way of leaving feedback. If i dont get it they dont get it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
why didnt you walk down the road and pick it up?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She didnt have any thing in her aution saying you couldnt pick it up & when I ask she said she cant be meeting people on E-bay ... She cant trust anyone ,,, I told her Id meet her in a public place & still she said no ... Ill never buy anything else from her.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I sent her a money order 4 days ago & she e-mailed me today telling me she just got it ,,

Yes I dont understand why you just cant pick it up if its close by ... Iv had 2 items Iv gone out of my way to help the buyer out both I drove over 20 miles to meet people with there items...Both were meeting people traveling thu to get the items on there way for their familys,,,

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Simple fix to the delivery / pick-up issue. Unless it's a last second bid simply ask the seller if you can pick it up. If they blow you off and don't respond then you probably don't want to do business with them in the first place.

I bought my T-18 this way. We were going on vacation and I found one near St. Louis (our destination). The lister said it turned freely and was recently rebuilt, but all the pics indicated that it had been stored on a trailer in the elements. Sure enough, moisture had gotten into the case and I had to replace the main shaft bearings and seals. I was able to barter with the seller and he was undertsanding, but if I had simply paid the extra $$ for shipping, who knows how it would have turned out.

Buyer beware... ask, ask, ask.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Blame some stupid buyers and Ebay's screwed up feedback retraction process. I've bought *tons* of stuff off Ebay including some high dollar stuff like servers and robotic tape libraries and most transactions have gone smoothly. I've had a couple of slow-pokes I had to hound to get my merchandise and I've gotten screwed once or twice. I've sold a fair amount and it was always my personal policy to leave feedback as soon as the person paid me, but I'm starting to see things the other way around. I've had buyers not bother to leave me feedback after I left them positive feedback, and even had one jack-*ss leave me negative feedback then admit to me via e-mail that he shouldn't have done it. I sold a Golden Eagle rear hard top window. The picture was with it in a rusted out hatch frame and I indicated that the auction was *only* for the glass but that I *might* leave it in the frame to help protect it better during shipping if I could fit it in the packaging and it didn't make a significant difference in the shipping costs. The guy e-mailed me asking about the frame and I reiterated that it was rusted out junk and inclusion was at my option come time to pack it. I e-mailed the guy before I finished packing it and before I shipped it letting him know that it was coming without the frame because the box I had wasn't large enough to fit the frame. He never responded. He then e-mailed me after he got it b*tching about not getting the frame. I remined him that the auction was only for the glass as stated in the auction and that I had e-mailed him twice before shipping and he hadn't bothered to respond and reiterated that the frame was junk. He replied back that he still wanted it anyway, so I agreed to ship it to him on his dime. He then turns around and leaves me negative feedback while we're in the middle of this e-mail exchange. So, I'm stuck with that on my record...he apologized but that doesn't do me any good now. Turns out he wanted it to model in an engineering stress program.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts