Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This and the next two are pics of when I bought it for $700. It was in rough shape and took me 2 months to complete in a garage that was below 50 degrees with the stove on. I had to put out 2 fires while working on the jeep, the stove wasn't in good shape, but at least it was indoors and above freezing.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205/7" Lift/33" Swampers/D44's F&R 4.10's & Lockrights

Attachments

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had to refurbish an old windshield to use, the original was completely toasted. The drivetrain was OK, loose hubs and a thrashed SR-4, but the motor was good. I also had to redo a bunch of body mounts and the brakes. BTW, If I knew how to upload the pictures all at once I would, this is the only method I know of for all to see them.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205/7" Lift/33" Swampers/D44's F&R 4.10's & Lockrights

Attachments

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drained all the water from the drivetrain and replaced it with oil, helped a lot. The driver's seat came out without being unbolted, passengers was the good side. It looks better than it was, a lot of cancer underneath the seats, and the whole cab in general. The jeep was in really bad shape and was pretty much destined for the scrap heap. I had worked on a Scout before but learned how to weld on this project, learned a lot about sheet metal I tell you.

I just wanted to put these pics up 'cause I know difficult a project can be at times. It helps to have some motivation to keep you on track. It took me 2 months of up-til-1AM nights to get this back on the road, got an inspection sticker the first time. Finally saw the wife as well. She also wants me to add that I saw her for a little while anyway. Apparently I was out until 1AM from there on jeeping. I don't seem to remember (selective amnesia? /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif).

Newer pics can be seen at:http://www.midcoast.com/~cj8/

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/Scout II D44's F&R 4.10's & Lockrights

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts