Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get the rear e-brake cable(s)? Turner says they don't stock 'em anymore. I'd have one made, but I don't have anything to work from. Any ideas? Thanks.

'66 Jeepster Commando - 4.1L V6, TH400, 4" lift
'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'75 Yamaha DT400B

·
Registered
414 Posts
Andy,

Are you looking for the two cables that go into the drums, or the cable to the actual brake? I have the former, if you want to stop by and take a look.

I'll be around this weekend, hopefully dropping the whole driveline into the frame. If you're going to be around, I'll swing by a borrow that angled drill if that's okay. Last Sunday got all messed up, and I didn't have a chance to give you a call.

Paul

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for the rear one(s)from the swing arm on the cross-member to the drums. I'd like to see yours. I don't have anything now, so I don't know exactly what I'm looking for (one cable? two cables?). Sounds like you have an ambitious project lined up. I'll be around most of the weekend.

'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'75 Yamaha DT400B

G

·
My cable is intact but the e-brake handle has only about 1/2 inch pull to it(it does engage however).Seems to me it should have a longer "pull" to the handle----any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it may just be adjusted too tight to me - but what do I know - I don't even have a cable!

I called around and found a place that will make up a new cable for around $100 assuming I bring in an old one to use as a model (Paul - is your's just lying around?). That doesn't sound too bad. I think Turner wanted more than that when they stocked them. Anyone else have any suggestions - or need one made up? Thanks.

'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'75 Yamaha DT400B

·
Registered
414 Posts
Andy,

Mine cables are in the drum, the other end isn't attached to anything (I don't have any of the other emergency components yet.) I am happy to take the cable out though, I have already assembly and disassembled those damn brakes so many times it is relatively easy, even without the right tools.

Sounds like we have a complete setup between us, maybe I can find another complete setup and just give you the cables. $100 sounds pretty expensive.

Paul

Paul

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Lee. I forgot about Rosser. Hopefully they have it.

'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'75 Yamaha DT400B

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope. No luck at Rosser either. Whoever was making these things apparently stopped. Looks like I'm going custom.

'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'75 Yamaha DT400B

G

·
I got a replacement from CarQuest. Couple of days from warehouse. It was still listed in their catalog. #BRK2625 $33.o5. Long cable that loops to both drums. I have T14 trans. Don't know if TH 400 needs different, is crossmember farther back or closer to engine for auto? Cable adjuster on pivot arm is good for 2-3 inches.

Bruce
'67 hardtop,
will run in '01!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts