Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to the muffler shop with my dad to see what we are going to put on his 97 Hardbody. The guy said the dynomax race series was the best for the truck. Has anyone tried this muffler and what kind of sound and performance did you get out of it. Thanx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry I haven't used it, but the best results I've heard of have come form the Borla which I'm running, or the FlowMaster's because they have that new muliport-funky-ballast-chamber thing-o-ma-bobber? I have a couple of freinds Running the Flowmaster and 2 are P-finders which they all seem pretty happy with them. Don't expect 200 extra horse power though, they don't give much of that just better pick-up & acceleration, and also sounds alot throatier?
Just my 2 cents worth!!!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im running the flowmaster 3 chamber muffler, and im extremely happy with it thus far. Adds a good tone, and offers a small boost in hp/pickup/yada yada yada. Ive not talked to anyone runnnig the dynomax, but have heard that they are good for nissans. Nismo suggested one to a friend of mine acutally. Anything is better than the stock (super restrictive) muffler to say the least. Hope this adds some insight.
Happy Trails
Wade

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, on my '96 KC 4x4, just for the hell of it, I pulled the entire section of pipe from the cat back to the tail pipe... (muffler, reasonance chamber, tailpipe) to see just HOW MUCH of a power gain it would give me. I was just running the catalytic converter and I could not tell one damn bit of difference, except for the annoying buzzy 4cyl sound. So I guess my advice is to try this before you spend alot of cash on a system to see if it is worth it to you. On a 6 cylinder, you will notice a little power gain, but on a 4 banger like your '97 and my '96, it's just not there. My $.02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the dynomax super turbo, it helped a bit with power and milage, sounds good, it was a good buy for the price, non stainless, but it has lasted 2 years with no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts