Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought a Dana 60 reverse cut from Dynatrac? Does anybody know how much they cost? Also how much bigger is a Dana 60 axle tube compaired to the Dana 30 and the Model 20?

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just put a normal Dana 60 in the rear of my Wrangler. I went with M.I.T though. About $500 cheaper than Dynatrac. Only real difference is that Dynatrac uses all new housing, while others don't. Didn't bug me. Still came with the same 1-year warrenty against breakage. Cost about $2000 with 4:56 gears, Detriot locker, and set up ready to bolt in. Dynatrac was about $500 more, so thier reverse cut would probably be between three and four thousand. Have been told the reverse cut 60's are a lot more expensive. As for the tube diameter, I just had my stock spring plates drilled out a little and they work fine with the bigger u-bolts. Hope some of this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, do you have any problems with the low pinion of the regular Dana 60? The reason for this question is because I'm making a custom suspension and I would like to design it so I can put a couple of Dana 60s under it when I get the money or when I destroy my original axles.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're all over priced!! Build your own for about half the $. The dana 30 35 axle tubes are 2 1/2 inch di, and the dana 60 is 3 inch, some are 3 1/4. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a caution about Dynatrak. They built a D44 for my TJ. I specified Rubicon Express heavy duty Brackets. It took 12 weeks to be delivered. After installation the left tire was 2 inches more away from the frame than the right tire. This got worse when I loaded in my camping gear and spare parts. Both Rubicon Express and Dynatrak tech lines had no suggestions to solve the problem, saying it was probably normal and blaming the other guy. (They had their Money !!) If you expect after sales help from your supplier try someone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.