Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had friends up visiting this weekend so no wheeling for me but we fished Courtright Lake on Friday & Saturday. I was totally amazed how many Jeeps and Rice Wagons I seen crossing the Dam on their way to the Trail. Nearly 200 that I seen! Everything from 'Total Hard Core' to Stock with lift & gears. Wonder how many entered the trail from the Huntington side? Anyone on this board up there? How was the carniage? I seen the rescue Helocopter head up that way today (Sunday, hope no one was hurt!
I guess our sport is getting more popular than I thought! But I worry about the lack of trail equitte as the trails become more crowded. Watching some of them drive along the Lake and across the Dam caused me some concern. Some of them stopped for a rest/leg stretch/beer break/visit/ect. Loud talk, bravo, profanity, trash talk carries across the water quite well for all the hear. Not much for endearing us to the other users of the forest. Appeared/sounded like some of the folks/boys/men were having their first beers and first trip to the woods!
Well time to get off my "soap box".

Rockin On

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
You betcha its popular out here, I have seen kids that I wouldn't let drive into my driveway out in the woods. Dusi-Ersham is supposed to be pretty tame though pretty long, and you need to be prepared. Budwieser and sammiches won't do. Usually most of the kids get to the big rocks and clog it up, that is where the trash stops and the cellphones to the tow rigs, *just* reach.

Welcome to California, enjoy it while you can...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been on the trail several time but never made the whole trip to Huntington (I live between Courtright & Wishon Res.) I was just amazed at how many rigs I seen in just a few hours! It probably looked like a NASCAR parking lot traffic jam at Rooster Rock!

G

·
We did the full trail about 7 years ago....best off roading I've ever done....I saw a Toyota PU that was trashed down both sides....yea, the trail is that narrow in some places...

Thanks to it, I now have new gears, lockers, axles, shocks mounts and a gas tank shield....

Not an easy trail unless your locked front and rear........

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
GTB,Dusy is one Hell of a trail!! I have done it in my Wrangler and CJ2A,but have not yet done it in my Commando.Soon hopefully!!! But Swamp was a lot of fun,and I am looking forward to the Rubicon in Sept.All the times I have ever done Dusy,I have seen very few rigs back there.Even on Swamp,you really don't see that many.And when ya do,most are goin on through.Not camping.You just have to do it over 3-4 days to make it fun.The fishing is great at Ershum.Heck,even East lake is not too bad.Just don't plan on getting anything at Summit lake.I took a dip there one night after wheelin in that far.After wading out over 100 yards,I never got over my waist.

I agree,too many clowns going out and buyin a 4x4 these days.It seems to be the vogue thing to do.Kids with no sense or love for the wonderful land they are visiting.Personally,I think anyone caught doin something stupid,should be executed on the spot.We should all carry a short piece of rope,for those tall Tamarak trees!!!

And an extra piece for all the tree huggin libs that go up there and bitch!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I think anyone caught doin something stupid,should be executed on the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No more overpopulation problem!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts