Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a bed liner that can be sprayed, rolled or brushed on. Very nice stuff!
I was going to roll mine on but I read somewhere that if you brushed it on it was a little smoother.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Durabaking the interior was my 2nd modification. I rolled it in and just painted the hard-to-reach spots. I had enough for about 3 layers in the tub, an extra layer where floor-mats would go, and did the underside of the hood. I did it in the evening/night here in Florida and never used any thinner. I prepped the Jeep by removing EVERYTHING on the interior and sanding the whole thing with an electric sander/buffer from Sears (Black&Decker.) I am extremely pleased with the results and it went fairly quick with two friends helping and something to drink while waiting for it to tack up.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I went to the hardware store and bought a couple different sizes of those little blue plastic things that you press into a wall to thread screws into. They are cheap (a couple cents each) saved the time of wadding up tape, and could easily be removed after the Durabak was put on. Hope my description of them was good enough, I forgot what they are called. I didn't even bother plugging the large drain holes, just the various screw holes.

Dan 84 CJ-7,Weber,HEI. 95 ZJ,V8. http://netnow.micron.net/~wdohrn/

G

·
Or you can use a small slug of grease or silicon in the hole.

John......southern CA
84CJ7, 3"lift, 32"BFG, 4.10's, ARB Locker, Solid Axle's, Durabak

G

·
Personally I wouldnt use grease. It could contaminate the liner and then it wouldn'y stick and you would end up with a huge mess. Silicon is almost alittle to permanent. I think the hollow wall anchors that someone said is a good idea. Or if you happen to have some extra screws that are the same size use those. Or if you really want to go all out, use you existing screws and go get some new stainless steel ones to replace the old ones. Thats probably what I would do.

Cut to shape, hammer to fit, paint to match /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Project '51 willy's total rebuild /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.