Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Perfect timing! I was going to do some research on it tonite - I was invited to join a group doing it next month, I'd never heard of it till then.

Just did the Rubicon 2 weeks ago - it was awesome! Not really all that severe, but constantly a challenge. There's almost no let up like most other trails where it's rough, but then lets up for a ways.

Thanks!!!!

Anybody else with pics or comments?

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Sounds perfect!
Doing a little I-net searching shows 1 locker is useful, but 33's make it fine -- with lots of armor underneath. I guess mine is "overqualified."

My only concern now is me -- my weak heart doesn't like the altitude. The higher part of the Rubicon trail really had me gasping for air at times. I had trouble spotting for friends sometimes too - too hard to walk and climb around when you can't breathe.

This trail is 1000-2000 feet higher.
And my wife won't be with me - she's gotta work - so she can't drive it home if I don't make it.

Don't get old!!!!!!!!

Still considering it though.

Thanks, Rich

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Ya know, I've thought about carrying a little oxygen. Maybe a small welding bottle. Welding oxygen is purer than breathing oxygen, it's just not hydrated - it dries ya out faster. Still effective in an emergency - without the prescriptions and red tape.

He He - the spotting was mostly for the other guys - and my wife - she took it through the sluice and other places. The walking - lots of pictures! Between the 2 of us we took over 1000.
Caution - one small problem - I tossed one of the digital disks in the glove box - I had one of those little tire gauges in there - with the magnet on it. Lost 400 pics!
Don't!

I guess we'll have to do it all over again. (Think I'll get a couple more magnets if that excuse works.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.