Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are CJ and YJ pitman arms different. The CJ arm fit on the spline of the gear box ok, but it was pointing in a slightly different angle
(5 degrees ish) than the stock YJ one was. Anyone ever done this before? The CJ dropped arm was free by the way.
But does a "YJ" dropped arm point in a little different direction than the stock one too?

big ed

·
Registered
668 Posts
Try IT!! put it on and turn the tires lock to lock - look it over. Jack up one side then the other while turning the steering wheel. Any bind? Drive it around...any bumpsteer?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I put a stock wrangler pitman on my CJ. I made it point the same as the factory CJ arm by putting additional grooves in the keyway with a hacksaw. This eliminates the keyways and you can install the arm in any position. It works fine and made my lifted CJ steer much better.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tom

85 CJ7-4.2L,T-176,D300,2.5"lift,32"BFG MT,Durabak,York-Air,HEI

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering if anyone had ever hacksawed those keys out! Cool, I'm taking it back off and doing that and putting it back on in
the right position. It works fine right now but I can turn a little sharper in one direction.

THANKS!

Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp, 3" body, 33's, 283 Chevy V8, TH350, 4.11's, D30, D35c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.