Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have opinions on a drop draglink for an SOA with D44? Is it even possible when swapping in D44s? Or only if keeping stock axles? Where could I find one? I'm only considering this option to save some money until I get around to doing a high-steer setup. Also, when I change knuckles to flattops, can I keep all my brake stuff(rotors & calipers) if I'm staying with 6-lug? Or do I need to switch those out to chevy or something equal? Thanks!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44s Soon

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one's got a clue? I heard MIT makes one, but they don't have a website:( What other cheap options do I have? Please help!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44s Soon

G

·
I'm not the king of mechanic knowledge, everything I do is new... I have J10 axles that had drum brakes but are now disk brakes with rod on top of knuckles, and I attached a 1 X 3 X 4 piece of steel (drilled 5/16" hole in the center) under my leaf spring.. yea a one inch lift of the front of my Jeep that was kinda sagging anyway, got longer u-bolts and center pin (total around 40$CAN).. now the jeep is level and the draglink doesn't hit the leaf anymore... my front leaf are straight and I get more travel that way, I also had to correct the length of the draglink for the turn radius (shortened it about 1/2" at the adjusting clamp) I also heard about some arching the draglink to get the same effect, but I don't trust this... hope I'm not way off your question, if so, please excuse my newbieness /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

A Jeep is a Jeep..

G

·
yep, you can keep everything from the knuckle out if you are switching to flat tops, as long as the spindle bolt pattern is the same.

Flat tops have a 6 bolt pattern (GM and FSJ) and so should the 44 you have (Wag right?).

Charly

You say tomato, I say fawk you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.