Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a job closer to the house and I'm back to driving my sub. I had forgoten how much fun it is. Of coarse the first day I got a cop to lockup the brakes, I waited till the last second and hit my brakes. Could be why I've been seeing him more. I love givin them a hard time but they know they can ask for help and I will

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its nice, I painted the bumper neon green along with the radiator support. Changed over to leds on the front turn signals got to get all of the other lights converted I'll get some pics asap

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys here's a question. When I swap axels and convertdrums to disk is a drive line ebrake my only option and is it even leagal in texas?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm having to wait on a few guys to get their trading done so I can get the axels. Trying to get the springs to I'm tired of halling a trailer an the back sags. Those brackets look good and I probably could make them. I just know too many engeneers that have acces to cnc plasma/laser to do it buy hand with a torch. Thanks for the info. I'm also having to rebuild the wifes tranny on the 93 sub. Thanks again. And if your wondering why my son isn't doing it. Well he got a job and their testin his mettle.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crazy

well things got a little busy around here and i ended up with the axelfrom 86 3+3 deisel, pulled the axel out of it and i think it will work:D:D for the lat month ive been triing to find the center bolts for the leaf springs so that i can shuflle 3/4 and 1/2 ton together. and the bad axel? i wathed jarvis rec. 4000 horse mechine chew it up like nothin:censored:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool thanks just out of curiosity has any one done the axel flip so that the pinion is higher? i had to get the spring perch of and move it so i figuered that i might as well flip it. so i'm trying to find out angle in degrees on the pinion, and my son said that i would have to cut into the housing so i could put a drip trey in for oiling the front pinion bearing? supposedly powerblock tv just did this and the show how, i slept in that morning and the web sight for spyke tv is aggrivating :censored::censored::censored: i need to know if it is nessesary and well how to do it. let me know if you can help please.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
well $#@%(. you're right so much for that idea. oh well guess i'll break the tacks and flp it back over. i should have thought of that as much as i'm messing with gears at work. any idea on the angles?
and by the way thankyou, that saved me alot of time. altho mabey i can set upa gear box with 2/1 attached to the axel and then do the same for the front axel. this might get interresting. the only problem is getting gears to handle the torque and horse power. any one got some ideas? a spliter would be nice, 1/1 on normal 2/1 on off-road. that would change the ratio to 7.46/1?
let me know what yall think
mike

·
Registered
423 Posts
are you talking about a two speed gear box on the axle? most folks put a doubler on the t-case. eliminates a gear box that way. as far as strong enough gears, extreme low gears are usually for control and crawling. if you don't thrash you should be fine

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just tryn to figure a way to make it work, without- throwing money at it. three kids and a house full of dogs dosn't leave much. and i've got a 203 holding the floor down in the shed. also have 241c on the sub and 208c next to the 203. my problem is that i have had this apart for 3 weeks waitin on my son to bring my aframe back or my dad to bring my engine hoist. i've already started to fab some extended shackle mounts and well now i guess its flip the axel back overand see about puttin it all back together again. i seriosly need to get an idea about my dash.hasn't had one in 4 yrs. i've got to many irons in the fire. 86 3/4 crewcab locked up 454, 78 ralley sport camero with factory 4 on the floor and another 454 sittin in the bed of the crew cab and finally 350 sittin on the floor in the shed. i need a vaction.:D
mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
laid off

wanted time and i got it guess i can't complain how i get itFacebook + Media | Facebook
i'll be getting the front raised this weakend. i've already hit most of the welding jobs, and tomarrow probably start on all the desiel mecanics jobs. here in lubock the welding shops try to start you at 8.50 hr. even with 10yrs experience. because of no rain and all the heat there is no cotton around here.
so i've got time on my hands. i took the spring perches off and re welded them i think i've got the right angle. any ways i have to get some steel and make better rear shackle mounts along with new shocks and their mounts. thats a 14 bolt for a desiel 3/4 ton crewcab
mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks

just about to give up and scrap it all. done went through surgury and 5 wks no workin or doin anything worth doin. my sub has been sittin that way for a year, gave the crewcab that i had to the boy so he could scrap it for rent. the camero has been cut and gutted most of it is gone to scrap. i havn't turned the motor over in the sub since i parked it. and the wife looks at me funny when i ask for money

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
scratch that

ok just cant doit ive got the sub this close just need to get my but in gear.
mabey go out and play some to remember why i doit,just can't let the wife find out.(the only rig that runs is the denali) :D:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.