Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 76 CJ5 is going back together with a 2.5" spring lift and a T-177/Dana 300 combo. The drive shaft angle looks pretty nasty on that short rear shaft. I need some input; lower the transfer case? CV driveshaft? What is the max angle allowed with the stock shaft while maintaining some level of reliability? Thanks in advance.

76 CJ5 258 w/Clifford/Holley/HEI, 2.5"Lift/Rancho 9000s,T-177/Dana300

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would get a CV shaft. You have a relatively long combination for a CJ5 and that lift makes it even worse. The max working angle for a single u-joint is 15 degrees. Check out http://www.4xshaft.com for all you could want to know about driveline angles and such.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Its very helpful. TL

76 CJ5 258 w/Clifford/Holley/HEI, 2.5"Lift/Rancho 9000s,T-177/Dana300

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
79 cj spring over, wagoneer, t176, 304 loaded, 39.5 swampers locked, never a problem and we dont run with jones, we are jones, ps.... try it first without cv. TENN.mtns, aint nothing better. ROSSER ROUNDUP, MEMORIAL DAY LEVEL 1 5 LEVEL 5 MEANS DIDNT BRING ENOUGHT, GET EXTRA VEHICLE

BRADCO JEEPS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.