Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Just in case some of you need to drill the flange area of a frame.....be it a trailer, a truck, or your Jeep.....you can make the job easy by using a chain, a two-by-four, and an electric drill. Put the chain around the frame in a circle; put one end of the two-by-four through the chain, and then use the two-by-four to push on the drill. This setup is also helpful when you find someone alongside the road trying to unscrew a lug nut which is the locking lug of his set of chrome lugs, and the groids at the tire shop have destroyed the locking lug and the locking lug adapter key driver by using a rattle wrench on it. Loop the chain over the frame; put a long two-by-four in the chain loop; then use the two-by to put enourmous pressure on the end of the four-way lug wrench to prevent the lock driver from disengaging./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
A moonguy-operated Jeep Skunkworks in the "Heartland".

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Good trick. I never heard 'em called rattle wrenches before; very good description. I prefer to call them "off limits!"

I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I just use my mighty biceps, and 220lbs lard ass, as an anchor. ;)

Jeff
89 YJ
(sensibly altered for occasional off road use)
Vision without Action, is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif All of my working life I've been fifty pounds too light and five inches too short to do stuff the "hard way", so MECHANIZATION is where it's at fer me!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave
A moonguy-operated Jeep Skunkworks in the "Heartland".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts