Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to help my buddie change his tranny fluid on his 88 wrangler sahara yesterday and we noticed we couldn't find the drain plug, now we look at the onwers manual and it showed it right no the bottom of the tranny, we looked again and it isn't there, is the drain plug under where the trany mounts to the skidplate, so do i need to take off the skid plate to empty the fluid? i also heard your supposed to use some special kinda of fluid for the Peugeot transmissions is it true and what is it, or should i just use gear lube?
thanks guys!

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The drain plug on the BA 10/5 Peugeot trans is on the rear extension housing, near the trans mount, facing to the rear of the trans. You don't need to remove the skidplate if you have a long extension for your ratchet. Most Peugeot drain plugs need a 5/16" square drive male socket to remove them, some are hex shaped. 75/90 gear oil is the recommended fluid weight. Hope this helps, good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
couldn't find any drain plug on the bottom of my assumed stock tranny 87yj. removed the support-skid plate and not under there. just two side filler plugs! i siphoned out from the lower of the two side plugs.
good luck!
steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.