Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is a common problem with alot of Chevys. When I got to open the door of my Burban from the inside it does not open. I have to pull really hard on the handle and then push extrememly hard for it to open. It has gotten worse in the last 4 times I have opened the door. I think that it might be that rod that connects it to the latch. I think I will pull the door panel and then tweak that rod to take up some slack to it will open easier.

Has anyone else ever had this problem and how did you solve it? Is there something else going wrong that I should look out for. I have replaced an inside door handle before on another burban and I didn't like doing that so I hope not to go through that hassle again.

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
It's more than likely the handle itself. The black truck did that. For some reason I had to pull the handle farther and farther out each time. Then one day it broke off
. If you go to the dealer and buy the assembly it's not too expensive and you just remove the door panel, and drill out the 3 or so rivets that hold it on and remove it and put new one in with some small bolts and lock nuts. Took me about 15 minutes to do.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've done that whole process before. It is a pain. I know it does not take long but I hate pulling the door panels off. Willy's your probably used to it. Hopefully just a tweak in the rod will suffice for a while and it will save me the $$ of buying the assembly. I can't remember what I paid for it last time. Oh well I guess I will stop by the Chevy house and ask them just incase.

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Same thing happend to the Tahoe...Front Passenger... And just like Jasons the handle broke one day... It was easy to put on, but I had pop rivots handy so I rivited it back on.
And I belive it was 20-30 bucks for the handle assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.