Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don\'t let the door hit you in the a$$, jeepchick..

Well, I just lost my jeepchick(newly converted due to putting a stereo in the YJ). After caring for her after knee surgery, that was her way of thanking me, going up to see her ex as soon as we were through Sat. morning. He can have her. 50% of our argument was about me spending $100 on lights for the Jeep and not getting her a Christmas present. It sounds selfish, but for my birthday she cheated on me. "Happy Bithday Bryan!!!". That was part of the reason for no present, although I was in the process of framing a portrait I drew of her for Christmas. Blah Blah Blah......
Screw it!
Found another potential Jeepchick, who needed no converting. She actually wants to buy one!! Cuter, cooler, drinker!, and well educated. Got to spend some good quality time with her all weekend. Only problem is she lives 2.5hrs away on the Jersey Shore. She's moving here this summer as soon as she finds a job!!! WOO HOO!!!
I just had to vent to you guys about this one. Sorry for the rambling...
Off work today since it's so damn nice out, so see ya'll later.
Bryan/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Don\'t let the door hit you in the a$$, jeepchick..

Bitter?
Yes.
Why?
Year of my life I can't get back.
She wanted the Jeep running for when we were going to hit the beach, but you can't keep it running without time, money, and TLC. She couldn't understand it.
"I Want it now!!" attitude. Kind of a baby with a narrow view on the way the world works.
I work to have money.
I need money to fix the Jeep.
I need to fix the Jeep to drive to work.
Cycle of life which noone besides a REAL Jeepchick could understand. Point proven: not a real Jeepchick.
I've been through all of this before and probably will go through it all again. I'm still young and I will meet more Jeepchicks.
Just bitter.
Don't miss her.
Last words exchanged:
"Here, let me get that for you."Bryan
"I can get the door myself, I don't need your help."Amber
"I just didn't want it to hit you in the ass on your way out."Bryan
"Grow up!! A$$hole."Amber
"bye"Bryan
Good day to all fellow Jeepers.

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Did I mention she is a secretary where I work? Damn. Forgot about that./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif
Good thing is that she won't be back for a while due to the surgery. Phew. Should have taken the advice from my buddy, "Don't sh|t where you eat and don't take a dive into the secretarial pool, you'll always drown."/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Thanks everyone.

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

The comments about selfishness do not apply to this relationship. Spitefullness, yes. I have never dated anyone so self-centered though. The only time I put the Jeep above her was on our "off times". It kept me busy and sane. The Christmas thing was not selfish. Even though I didn't get her any material presents for Christmas, I tried to show her the best time I could by blowing tons of money on dinner and other activities that we could do together during the Christmas season. She did have a present on the way(the portrait in the frame that I drew). I couldn't think of ANYTHING that was more from the heart than to show her how beautiful she was to me through my own eyes. It has just been taking me long since I was trying to build the frame myself so that it was totally from me amidst moving, Jeep breaking down, and other necessary expenses. The lights were necessary for driving into my neighborhood due to the huge deer population around here.(Hit one last year in the Nissan. The deer ran off but my car sustained $900 in damage).
1. I am not selfish.
2. I may be young, but am in no way immature.
3. I use the golden rule in my relationships(Treat others as you would have them treat you).
4. I don't leave trails of broken hearts nor do I try to burn bridges.(One of my best friends was a very serious ex).
5. No matter how old we are, we will never represent society's definition of a MAN or WOMAN. We are humans, we make mistakes, we let our emotions make our decisions for us too many times. We realize our wrong doings or hurtful words only during or after we take action. Hindsight will always be 20/20.
We can be mad.
We can be bitter.
We can say bad things.
We can pay for those bad things.
No matter what, our lives will go on.
One day I hope to find a Jeepchick who has my interests, her own opinions, and treats me the same way I treat her(with respect and care).
Our lives are just a sneeze to this Earth and we need to make the most of that sneeze and be able to give our kids an example to follow.
I have a very loving mother and father, and I pride myself in following there example. I hope that my children can say the same about me and my future wife.
Sorry about the offense LEVE. This post should not be a bitter argument for any reason. I got the impression from TEAMRUSH that his reference to "handicapped" was to the spaces that most of us can't have. Maybe not the best analogy for women, but my buddy with CP has said the exact same thing. So I hope you and him can kiss and make up.

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

The Potential Jeepchick that I was talking about in my original post is just that. Potential.
We have so damn much in common that I'm awestruck. The departure of the old Jeepchick allowed me to hang out with my roomate and his friends(one being Melissa the potential). This is not usual for me, finding a new Jeepchick the same day the other one departs. I was single forever before the last chick and have never been really looking. Maybe I was but no one struck me as worth my time. I don't need women to make me happy, but they sure are nice to have around sometimes.
We're both libras, somehow say the same thing at the same time(word for word), enjoy the same bars, enjoy Jeeps/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif, love beer, smoker(I'm one), like the same music, and too many other things to list. Oh yeah, she's actually intelligent and not a drama queen like the last. That struck me as strange(the word for word thing). She said something about "wavelength" and I must agree.
If I can get her, gotta keep her./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Someone mentioned rebound, but I don't believe in that at least for myself. When a relationship is over, especially a bad breakup like this one, I don't even want to see a woman. That's the way I felt Sat. night and it all went away with just this one chick.
Only problem is she lives 2.5 hrs north of me. That's OK though.
I live on my own and she is already planning on staying the weekend for Preakness(for the non-locals: it's a really big horse race in Baltimore. Big deal here).
Can't wait.
I rambled again. Sorry. Just getting antsy.

Just have to add that the top comes off Wednesday after the rain passes. It is supposed to get into the 80's here by Thursday./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Damn top weighs more than the rest of the Jeep!!!!
Goodnight all and have a bearable day at work tomorrow.

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

She is not moving here for me. She is moving here for school. She is getting her master's degree at Towson University. I don't plan on hooking up with her too soon and we didn't even kiss or anything. Just a mutual interest right now.
Rebounding for me is looking for someone to immediately fill the void left from the previous person. I don't feel any void or loss. It kind of is a blessing.
I was actually in a GOOD mood at work today. Go figure. I am usually borderline postal there.
I doubt she will move in with me. I really don't want a woman living in my place, since it is MY place and want to keep it that way.
She just "interests" me.
The ex was kind of something to do, now that I look back on it. Not to sound shallow. She kept me busy.
Good times with her, but it was over long ago. This was just the official end.

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

She is 23 and I'm 24. She has a good attitude for life. She is very understanding and patient( she works with autistic preschoolers, teaching them to speak).
She is also a friend of my roomate's and he knows her pretty well.
If anything happens down the road then ends, I know that he will not hold it against me if I end up being a jerk somehow. Hell, he dated my sister and I didn't kill him. He owes me for that one.
Anyway, she's a good chick. If nothing developes down the road then I see a cool friend to drink with who is also easy on the eyes./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

Hey JEEPN and JEEPNCHICK.....
I've done the
[knock][knock]
Jeepdude:"Yes, can I help you?"
me: "I was wondering what kind of engine,tranny, tcase combo you're running in that thing"
Jeepdude: "4.2 w/Holley and stock tranny tcase combo."
me: "Mind if I check it out, my vacuum line are toast"
Jeepdude: "As you can see I put in 44's front & back, but it isn't running yet. Let's check yours out"
me: "cool thanks"
This guy lived up the street from my apartment and helped me for an hour or so trying to rehook those damn lines. Great Jeep attitude!!
As you all know xyj173 had the answers to those problems for me.
Just to add to your story about knocking on doors when you see a Jeep that interests you as all(except for RaGeX's lowered thingy) should.
Later all.
I appreciate the advice and support for my decision.
See you all tomorrow when I break something on my Jeep./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Bryan/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.