Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,901 Posts
Re: Don\'t let the door hit you in the a$$, jeepchick..

Yep, ditch her. If he ain't happy now, he probably never will be with her, and kids will just make it worse. Go for the happiness. Time isn't able to be replaced, that's for sure, but it can be a learning experience. Forget her and drive on. I was almost married once, prior to JEEPNCHICK, and boy am I glad now it didn't work out. Is JEEPNCHICK into jeeps as much as I am? Nope, but it's a start and she understands. Life is about compromise, there is no "perfect" jeepchick out there, nothing in life is ever perfect, there is only better. You should also stop comparing each girl to the next and start looking for one with your interests in mind. Sounds like the last one wasn't that compatable. Chalk it up to a learning experience and just don't make the same mistake twice. Mistakes are common, everyone makes them, repeat mistakes are unacceptable and shouldn't occur, IMHO.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

· Registered
7,901 Posts

TeamRush good post, good advice, as always.

Robert87yj Good luck dude. Reminds me of a saying, "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things".

Peter. Shoes are nice, but mine has 2 pairs of BOOTS!

Be yourself above all else. When I met JEEPNCHICK, I was working as a carpenter (well, helper), wasn't shaven, drove the old rusty, oil billowing Scout II (got 15 miles to the quart of oil, no joke), wore torn jeans, and was basically broke with lots of bills. She accepted going to a movie with some friends. It took awhile, but the more we saw of one another the more we clicked. Was she the first? Heck no, I had dated and been dumped by about 20 women before her, all varying lengths of relationships, even engaged to one. After each I'd wipe the slate clean, forget them, and move forward. Living in the past is no good, learn from it, but don't dwell there. I was considering turning gay when we met (it's a joke). So be yourself, if you're not, she won't like the real you.

Don't play games. Always be open and honest. Let them know how you feel and what's going on. Don't make plans right away for the long term, see how things develop.

Don't try to get them into the sack right away. I've seen it happen, decent people with a lot in common torn apart from trying to move too fast. Heck, JEEPNCHICK and I didn't even kiss for a month. It just makes everything all the sweeter when the time comes.

Be friends above all else. Up here in the middle of nowhere we know almost no-one, and certainly no-one that wheels, never mind in jeeps. We're our own best friends, hanging out together. We don't have everything in common, but she'll give a little and I'll give a little, that's how we grow. I'll try new things she likes and she'll do the same, you never know what you'll like until you've tried it. The point is to grow together. Don't try to find the "perfect" person, they don't exist. And there is no one out there exactly like you, they're all different. We've gone lawn-sailing (saleing actually) and had people ask us if we were newlyweds the way we hold hands and kid around. Never lose the magic.

JEEPNCHICK and I have been married for 7 years now, and we've had our hard times, who hasn't. We've done the financial thing (boy am I glad that's over), the career thing, the house thing, and the mid life crisis thing. No kids yet, we are both having too much fun to give it up (I know, no one says we have to), but we want kids someday, 3 of them, but know we're not getting any younger. We just want to be a little more financially stable than right now. Getting through the hard times just makes you grow together more.

I hope this advice helps and good luck, you sound like you have things on track. Oh, and to hell with the mileage difference, if she's worth it, buy a used Mazda to make the trip. "No distance is too great if you find what you seek." Frederick Neitzche

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!

· Registered
7,901 Posts

Was she going to move there on her own or due to you? If she is going to move due to you there might be a big problem. She sees you as Mr. Moneybags and not for who you are. If that's the case you're in for a ride that's not much different than the one you've gotten out of.

In reply to:

If I can get her, gotta keep her.
Someone mentioned rebound, but I don't believe in that at least for myself. When a relationship is over, especially a bad breakup like this one, I don't even want to see a woman. That's the way I felt Sat. night and it all went away with just this one chick.
Only problem is she lives 2.5 hrs north of me. That's OK though.
I live on my own and she is already planning on staying the weekend for Preakness(for the non-locals: it's a really big horse race in Baltimore. Big deal here).
As far as rebound goes, you wouldn't know it if it jumped up and bit you. You are rebounding, otherwise it wouldn't have been such a "bad" breakup. If you weren't on the rebound you couldn't have cared less about her and wouldn't have gone on about her for the last few posts. You'd walk up to the new guy and thank him for taking her.

If the new one is already planning on staying the weekend, you're in trouble. Libras? If she even knows what it means you're in trouble. No decent woman would jump after a man whose woman just left him the same day.

My advice is to get your jeep up to date, just be friends with the new chick, and hang out with the guys for while. Let nature take it's course and for God's sake, don't let her move in with you. See if she can stand on her own two feet first before she moves in with you.

JEEPN's JEEPNCHICK
'97 TJ Sport, all the extras...

· Registered
7,901 Posts

JEEPNCHICK can get pretty opinionated at times, sorry for any tension in her post, she tells it like she sees it sometimes. She's a great woman, just hates to see decent guys make mistakes and get crapped on again and again. Her brother is like that, goes from one bimbo to another, expecting each to be "the one", and always gets disappointed. She's tried to tell him, but he knows best. Oh well.

She sounds great to me and it sound like you're headed in the right direction as well, IMHO. Good luck.

Isn't it funny. It took the wife and I awhile to click and fall in love, while the Scrambler, TJ, Commando, and Willys all took about 3 seconds. Guess I'm just a sucker for those round headlights. The wife jokes about it, but I swear jeeps call to me when I drive past them. There can be a jeep in a barn, I'll be doing 60, and I can tell the make, somtimes year, to a T. I've even been known to turn around, knock on the guys door, and inquire about it. I get some looks, but I've made a lot of new jeep contacts that way. Just another day in the life of a jeep fanatic.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.