Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don\'t it just piss you off.

Just wanted to blow off some steam. When I got my truck painted 2 years ago I painted it black with charcole SS style stripes from the old Chevelles (since they are my fav car) and also to be differnet since no one around here has stripes on a truck (except a dodge 2wd) or SS stripes at that. I made the stripes really big since it is a truck and painted them charcole since the interior is grey with black trim so they kinda go together. Well anyways, about 4 montyhs ago this guy with relly rich grandparents gave him money for college and he spent in on a newer red chevy and painted the same style strips on his truck like has except he didn't do them on the tailgate. Then this last month a white 90ish Chevy truck that they guy painted bright yellow rocker panels on painted black stripes likle mine on the hood and tailgate and he always revs his engine around me. I'm just wondering why everyone wants to be the same? I do a totally new idea then everyone copies.... oh well, just pissed.

'86 GMC 4x4 Shortbox SS
http://mnorby.virtualave.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: don\'t it just piss you off.

There is a saying but I can't remember it!! Any way, these guys obviously like your truck and don't want to take the time or the effort to come up with something original...

You could paint your white letters on your tires pink and see if they copy that.. just playin, No really!!

Chris /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It's their own insecurities! You shouldn't worry... after all, if they copied your idea, your truck must look bitch'en!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I hear ya man. I don't know if you can say they are copying you though. We all try to make our trucks different in our own little ways. There isn't a whole lot you can do anymore that someone else hasn't done. Sometime we see something someone has done and it gives us ideas and stuff like that. What you can do is drive him over with your truck... haha that'll learn'em. But I hear where you're coming from.

This mud is for you!
'88 Suburban, 350 TBI, 700R4, 3/4 ton, 9" Lift, 38" TSL's etc. etc. etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That happened to me once. I had an '86 and painted it white with a silver stripe down the side. 6 months later, a truck shows up with the same paint job. A little while later, a burban has got the same paint job. People liked your paint job. It pissed me off at first, but then I figured it was a complament.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I think the saying goes "Imitation is the best compliment" or something like that.

97 K1500, 4" Rancho, 35" Wild Country AWs, custom dual exhaust

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I think the syaing goes, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

My truck ain't leaking oil it's marking it's territory!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Frank gives me laughs/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifSomebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Damn, would a silver door on a black truck be copying FrankP??

Chris /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I don't know if I would say that your red door on a blue truck is original there FrankP/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif. Mine has two red maroon coloured doors and a yellow drivers side rocker and cab corner./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Zooman

/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif78 Chevy 3/4 in the rough

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hmmmm, I have also replaced the hood amd tailgate. I guess we are all original then. I'll get the Palm frond and spray paint out this week end and give it the red neck camo this weekend.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.