Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don\'t give up the ship

I check out he other boards too but don't stray too far.
This is the best & fastest post I've seen-----look around.
The down time sucked but my isp has it too.
Don't be too hard on it , this is too good to screw up.
Does anybody know how to get an IV to my arm hooked up to my **** computer for this post?/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Re: Don\'t give up the ship

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I was surfing some Jeepdom sites and was surprised to find some rather coarse language on my favorite "other" Jeep BBS. I appreciate this site because it has been flame-free./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Flame free BUT fast! There is more info here than all others put together!!!!!!!!!
(Thanks to people like you(cj dave) and a bunch others who are willing to let the blood of learning turn into the text of wisdom.
Thanx!!!!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·

There are 4 others I've found, but this one is by far the best. Lance has a good one going at Pirate 4x4, it looks like the new 4x4 Wire has potential, but you still con't beat this one. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·

Thanks Brad! :)
Speaking of which, we have converted to a completely new BB format at Pirate4x4.Com. I invite you all to take a look. I think you will like what you see. We're always up, don't censor, and have pretty knowledgable people hanging around!

http://www.pirate4x4.com

Lance Clifford
Pirates of the Rubicon Webmaster

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

the topic of this section is " donot give up the ship" my two cents: i do not plan on giving up the ship I just like talking to many people and the SAME people are on the other board too, So I just rotate around the many, many board till I find a subject I might know something on. when this board went down it left a big hole in my areas because I spend 75% here, so I went looking and found Terry Howe and Pirate. that why my first post was to INFORM others that they was there. I like this board because it finally became clean. the others are still sucking up saying how great the new boards are, once that settles down they be good too. and each board have a different altitude on it. I,m like the hound dog you can run me off but at dinnertime I be at the back door.

brownbagg </font color=red>

G

·

This will always be my "first" board. I also use JU alot. JOL just came back and is slow, outdoor wire is just starting, and I really like the format that pirate went to (like the others)
I'm not wild about jjoural, dirt road, or wllys jeep. I don't like thier formats.

G

·

This place used to be my favorite but after one of the staff members here decided less than helpful to me I rarely come around now. I have found a new home at Jeeps Unlimited. Unfortunately, there are not many CJ owners there (yet) but since I've added a new TJ to my jeep family I find lots of useful info there. Plus it has a great group of members. I'm also liking the new Pirates site .... a little too club oriented (but changing it seems?) to be my primary site though. 4x4wire could be nice if they simplify things a bit.

This software here is ancient compared to what those three above sites are using.

CJDave...those other sites have your Moon Guys too.

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport, NV3550 5spd, D44, Teraflex system

·
Registered
6,870 Posts

I know what you mean about the 'Less than helpful' staff member, and I bet I can guess which one it was too.
I had a run in with one about my first user name and password. (BTW- after all his snotty remarks, insults and bragging on him self, IT STILL IS NOT WORKING! Hear me Pat?)
I guess he just isn't as good as he claims with the WWWThreads Pro software. I hear WWWThreads Pro 5.0 is easier to use, and more stable. We are looking at it for our web site, and it looks good.
I'd say from the way he attacks customers looking for help, he has more problems than this BBS.

Got to go, time to take the tabby out of the oven...

So many cats, so few recipes...

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

I enjoy this board, it was the first I came back to after my extended absense. The people are great, its non-inflamatory stature is awesome, and the topics have helped me learn more than anywhere else on the web. If it's down for a while, I'll move to other boards, going to check out www.pirate4x4.com after this post, but then I'll be back.

JEEPN
'97 TJ Sport
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
'71 Commando SC-1
'51 CJ-3A
'47 CJ-2A

G

·

I visit about all of the boards mentioned, and like them all in their own way. Of course I call my own home, but this one is in my list of favorites.

Anyhow, we have a great new format, and you all are welcome to check it out. I know you guys call this place home, but feel free to call our site your "home away from home" :)

Pirate4x4.Com Homepage

Lance Clifford
Pirates of the Rubicon Webmaster

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

Off-road.com is the only board I really visit. I research the hell out of Jeeps and Land Rovers before I got my first vehichle, an '89 Wrangler Sahara, just over a year ago. Since then this board has been a TREMENDOUS help to me in keeping it running and upgrading with a GM HEI and a Weber, among other things. When I get the pictures developed and access to my friends scanner I'll post saome info on building your own snorkel, especially for those Carter BBD owners who have not yet seen the light...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts