Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I swap in a 350 in to my 95 YJ, I am going to dut a suspension lift on at the same time so that I only need to buy new driveshafts once. I have narrowed my choice down to either the Pro-comp coil conversion or the skyjacker monolinear system. I emailed a few companies that sell both kits and asked for their honest opinion on both kits when it comes to the overall quality? RTI scores? Handeling? ect. I have only recived one email back, and it turns out that the monolinear system isn't even available yet. The company (to reamin nameless) told me that the Pro-Comp kit is a good kit and it handles very well. That he rode in a YJ that had this kit and he was very impressed with it. BUT he aslo said that that because YJ's never came with a V8 this will be a problem. I am assuming that this is do to the weight of the engine, since I can't see there being any other problems. If I remeber correctly a Small block 350 only weights somewhere around 150 lbs more then a the Inline 258. A 150 lbs does not seem like much to me when you look at everything else. It is less then having another adult riding with you. Since I don't have a back sat anymore I only have room for two anyways. Plus I have seen a few of the warn coil conversion kits in Jeeps with V8's. I can't understand why he would tell me that, can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Thanks

Kirk
95 YJ rio grande

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well lets say my YJ with a 350 weighs less than it did with the 258. I also have a SkyJacker 2.5" lift and have no problems at all with sagging or anything. And with the Warn Coil setup its designed with what you have in your Jeep. Whether you have the 4.0 or a 350 they set it up with the right spring rates for your application. But I wouldnt run the new Mono setup with a 350. I think there would be to much spring wrap. If you got questions email me.
Rick
(RW)
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.