Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a reciever hitch bumper for Older CJ5\'s??????

I tried to get a reciever hitch from Conn-Ferr, but they don't make it anymore. Every catalog i looked at lists reciever hitchs/bumpers for later CJs only. Can anyone steer me to a company that can help me. I bought a military trailer that i am converting into a camper. Thanks for any help
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
Dan Stewart
1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Does anyone make a reciever hitch bumper for Older CJ5\'s??????

how much did the reciever bumper cost you? I have been thinking of a home made job, but i am worried about departure angles. If they make tire carriers for the bumper that would be good also, since i just put my spare in the rear of the jeep.
Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5
"Caloosa Jeepers" member

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Does anyone make a reciever hitch bumper for Older CJ5\'s??????

I will probably remove the rear cross member. It is cracked right after the sping hanger mounts. The cracks are on the bottom only and the cross member still hangs on fine by the side bolts. I looked at the hitch that is on it already. I don't know if it is stock, but it is a heavy piece of angle iron. It bolts to the cross member with about 6 bolts. I looked from inside the frame at how to unbolt it, but the previous owner bent it the frame around the bolts. I don't know why but it is. A friend of mine has a torch and can weld lighter metal, but how much would a Master welder charge?? Where can i get the scrap? If you guys could send me a schematic, that would be great. I just put my lift on and it is time to go camping.
Thanks a million.
Dan Stewart
1963 CJ5
"Caloosa Jeepers" member

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.