Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody sell aftermarket shifters for T-5\'s

Subject say's it all.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gifI don't like this tranny but i'm going to run it untill it dies!
It's just that the shifter was soooooooooo woreout that I had to cut the bottom end off and make a "solid fit mount" and now there's no slide from gear to gear. You have to make the classic h-pattern (slowly) to even shift. Any ideas?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
I went through this on an s-10 and never did get this problem fixed.
Thanks for and input or ideas.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifgoin crazy/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Wider is better but taller is cooler!

G

·
Re: Does anybody sell aftermarket shifters for T-5\'s

I think that hurst or Mr gasket just released a new shifter for your application, just saw it in a magazine while I was waisting time at the bookstore while my wife was shopping
good luck
jjc

G

·

It's Hurst that just released a new billet shifter. But, for the price of a Hurst shifter you could practically buy a new trans! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Ouch!!! Too much$$$$$
Any homebrew fixes?
I'm a cheap Bas**rd & like to build thing myself.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·

DD: Just a thought but have you replace the rubber square bushing,tin clip and ball. They are cheap and will really tighten up the t5 shifting. There is an article in 4x4&sport utility this month on how to do it. I did it last year and shifts like new. Ken

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That stuff is long gone.
When I got it , it was so wore out that the square metal in the shifter was 3/4 round/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.