Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been promising them, finally got them.....
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
last one... worst damage on truck here.
BiLLy bOb

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I always liked the full size earlier Dodge trucks, especially the Ram Chargers. The body work wasn't looking that bad until you showed the rear quarter. Most of the other stuff is either bolt on or can be taken out with a slide hammer, dolly and hammer. That back quarter... I don't know. Who is going to do the body work, you or a shop?

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do it myself when $$$$ allow. already got a bed side for it. take a sazzall and go right up the middle of the wheel well, all the way to the inside "bed side seam" in the floor of the bed, weld nother right on. no prob. agreed on the ramchargers too. got a 84, problem is, there IS NOT a straight body panel on it. taken it camping n wheeling a few times to many/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif!!!!!
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah, that was what I was figuring, an entire bed side. The rest of the truck really doesn't look that bad. One good weekend and you could have the front clip replaced and another to do the bed side and then it is just minor work to finish everything else.

Here is a picture of the first collision repair I ever did. It was a rust free 66 Beetle that I picked up for $300. Fixed it up for about $400, drove it for 2 years and sold it for $3600. Your truck could be a diamond in the rough too.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree man, it is prolly a diamond in the rough. in the same book i found this one in, there was a 92 with 90Ksome miles, just like mine, less options though, $9200.oo!!!!! im happy with mine. it is nice to be able to pull a hill now with no slowing down.
BiLLy bOb

G

·
i just sold my 93 dodge 3/4 ton extended cab,4x4 with a cummins and a 5 speed. it had 210k on it and i had put a 16 cm. turbo housing[put the boost at 21]and turned the pump up. also had a 4 in exhaust with no muffler[do it]. it ran like a champ but i could not fit the family so i bought a crew cab chevy[pulls good but a gas hog]. but i am all ready missing that truck. i got 16 to 17 mpg and it had 4.10s[top speed 79 mph] they are good trucks. i wish you the best of luck with yours later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey man, sorry to hear that you ended up with a gas chevy. oh well, served the needs better huh? on the straight pipe, how much louder is it? i have been told to do it by a few different folks. as of now, i got 450 miles out of this tank of pushwater, could have gotten better but last weekend i had it floored for 175 mile drive home. was averaging 75+.. found my top speed on a down hill is about 89 or so. sounds like you had a real hot rod with yours. next time i come through your way, i will let you drive it for old times sake ok?? hahahaha not the same, but figured id offer./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks tony, where is beasley knob??? might well be a doable thing. give me the details man. [email protected]
later
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
on my way man
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice bike goot!!
BiLLy bOb

G

·
thx,
so far ive repainted frame, and added those stickers. gonna put that Lil "S" sticker on zuk.

what i want to do with this bike is trade it or sell it enough to get me at least a 250r quad or blaster. so if any of ya know of any for cheap.. tell me! thx

~Goot

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
check ebay for a blaster man. i would actually stay away from the zuki quadracer. they had numerous different headaches over the years. the kawi tecate-4 is sweet but a 2 stroke, the mojave is sweet too, 4 storke, dual overhead cam, liquid cooled, plus they go fairly cheep usually. good machine there man. used to own one.
BiLLy bOb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts