Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Tell us what type of vehicle you have, modifications made and the type of Optima Battery used.

Why do you like it?

I'll start. I currently own a Dodge Mega Cab diesel that uses 2 Optima Batteries, red top. The truck has 5.9l Cummins diesel engine that needs massive cranking amps to start, especially in the winter. I have added a few aftermarket items that require additional juice, such as an an ride system, on-board compressor, CB, DVD/Entertainment and soon off-road lights and winch.

I have used Optima Batteries in my last three off-road trucks and hot rod. I love the fact that I get a solid source of power with no maintenance. I also don't have to worry about battery acid spilling all over the engine compartment or corrosion. I've been off-road in Baja, Nevada, Arizona, the Sierras and Moab with no problems.

Now it's your turn. Tell us your Optima story.:D

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
73 Dodge Dart 360ci, I have a Red Top in that one, it is the style that has both top and side posts which allows for all sorts of neat wiring mods. Also have a 90 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l with a Red Top in that one also (again with top and side post), I own 2 other vehicles that when the original batteries fail I will be putting Red Tops into those also. Why? Because it truly is the best battery all around. I have forgot the stereo on in my Dart (because of how it's wired the stereo will stay on until you turn the deck off it-self, does not turn off with the ignition) for days and been able to start it with no worries. Forgot the interior light on in the jeep once for a day and a half in the winter no less, started up, no worries. They do not leak acid all over ruining battery tray, cable leads or connections, or any other part of the vehicle. And last, man do they last. The two I own are the 2nd and third I have purchased. The first one lasted for 11 1/2 years. And a buddy of mine who seriously abuses his batteries with winches and a huge stereo and lighting system has an Optima that is now 13 years old. They are the best, bar none.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.